Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

starl

Administrator
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Do you, or your company, use Excel on something portable (tablet, isomething?)?

Please add any additional options/comments below.

Thanks

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I use the Surface Pro now that I have one. It's been really handy on flights where a laptop is too cumbersome for the seatback tray.

Previously, I used one iteration of Docs on the Go with Excel or another on an Android, but that wasn't for anything serious, just things like keeping track of mileage. I don't think I'd ever take any phone spreadsheet app seriously.

but what about for basic data entry? Like inspections? inventory?

That's an idea. In fact, a while back I met with the VP for a company based in Northern California that had an app that would take an Excel input form and customize it for hand-held devices (MobileFrame: The leading provider of wireless mobile applications). I can put you in touch with them if you want. It was pretty slick. If I recall, they did a lot with InterMec for hand-held devices, but you could use smart phones/tablets as well.

We were looking at something similar to keep track of inventory on our plant floor. In the end, while we didn't do anything (the company went belly-up, and so did me caring), it seemed like barcode scanners would have been a better option.

oh - i'm not looking to create or have created for me. I'm try to judge usage and what needs to be supported.

If that's helps - I've got my solution for excel - on the go, 4 months ago, and just very happy with this kind of solution.

I have galaxy 4S that is allways connected to the internet, and connect to my "at home" laptop through a desktop's remote control software - TeamViewer all the time, so I have the mobility of my phone - so I can take it anywhere I go. and also the full power of the excel because I'm controlling and viewing my laptop through my phone (and I need other software that Available to me only on Windows-constraints of works)
for me it's ok that it's comes with small screen , I'm looking for mobility - and full fonctionality of excel and other WIN programs.

Thanks, netanel99. That's the kind of info/ideas I'm looking for. I hadn't considered the usage of remote software, which means you're actually using your pc. I need help looking inside and outside of the box

That's great. For me I've found it to work really as I've intended (+).
Do you refer to the consulting service via email : "consult @ mrexcel.com" ?

yes, that's the big mailbox for the consulting. If you have a project, though, you can just email me directly at tracy@mrexcel.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back