use VBA to auto-filter and copy filtered data to another sheet

Eliehaddad

Hello,

please i need you assistance to automaticaly filter data in a specific table based on the customer name and copy the filtered data related to this customer to another worksheet using VBA

example: i need to automaticaly filter the projects by the name of the project owner and autocopy the related data of the projects to another sheet.

project namedecsriptionproject owner
marsXXXSam
venusYYYMark
earthZZZSam

<tbody>
</tbody>

so will have this result in the 2nd sheet

project namedecsriptionproject owner
marsXXXSam
earthZZZSam

<tbody>
</tbody>

thank you in advance :)

Please note the board policy is that all communication is done in the thread, hence I removed your whatsapp number.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
data will be filtered and copied from report sheet to Joseph or lea or nihale sheet so if i need to see all the projects i can see them in report sheet and if i need to see only joseph projects i can see them in joseph sheet

thank you so much

Upvote 0
Ok, try this
Code:
Sub MoveDupes()
   Dim ws As Worksheet
   Dim Cl As Range

Set ws = Sheets("Report")
   If ws.AutoFilterMode Then ws.AutoFilterMode = False
   With CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")
      For Each Cl In ws.Range("C5", ws.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
         If Not .exists(Cl.Value) Then
            .Add Cl.Value, Nothing
            ws.Range("A4").AutoFilter 3, Cl.Value
            ws.AutoFilter.Range.Offset(1).Copy Sheets(Split(Cl.Value)(0)).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
         End If
      Next Cl
   End With
   ws.AutoFilterMode = False
End Sub
But you will need to remove those extra formulas from below the data.

Upvote 0
it is working in joseph sheet
but
ws.AutoFilter.Range.Offset(1).Copy Sheets(Split(Cl.Value)(0)).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1) is giving me an error : subscript out of range
and one more thing what should i change to apply this VBA to the other sheets like (nihale and Lea sheets)

thanks

Upvote 0
With the file you supplied it copied to both the Joseph sheet & the lea sheet.
I suspect the error you got was because of all the extra formulae below the data.

Upvote 0
Using Fluff"s suggested code, I think that this should take care of the extra formulae below:
Code:
Sub MoveDupes()
   Dim ws As Worksheet
   Dim Cl As Range
   Set ws = Sheets("Report")
   If ws.AutoFilterMode Then ws.AutoFilterMode = False
   With CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")
      For Each Cl In ws.Range("C5", ws.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
         If Not .exists(Cl.Value) And Cl <> 0 Then
            .Add Cl.Value, Nothing
            ws.Range("A4").AutoFilter 3, Cl.Value
            ws.AutoFilter.Range.Offset(1).Copy Sheets(Split(Cl.Value, " ")(0)).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
         End If
      Next Cl
   End With
   ws.AutoFilterMode = False
End Sub

Upvote 0
i removed all the data and applied it
i't's works for on time only and when i try to change the project owner form the project sheet "going to mars" for example it will not update the other sheet even if i rerun macro, i will send you back the sheet to know what i mean
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FBDVQPUK0kYHCtEQXbeArJ3WdW6-kJ-k/view?usp=sharing
when u test it u will see
it seems this problem cannot be solved

Upvote 0
The macro simply copies the data from the Report sheet to the appropriate Project Owner sheets. When you change the project owner in cell B7 in the project sheet "going to mars", what sheet do you want to update? Please be very detailed in your explanation referring to specific cells and worksheets.

Upvote 0
When you re-run the macro it adds the data to the bottom of the sheets.
Do you want the existing data on the Names sheets to be removed when re-running the macro?

Upvote 0
sure
i have many projects sheets, let's only work on 3 of them in this example, one is called "Mars" the 2nd "venus" and the 3rd "pluto"

- They are all related to a sheet called "Report" where the data in the 3 sheets are all copied to the "Report sheet"

- I created 3 other sheets each one in a name of a project owner where only project made by each owner will be copied in this sheet.

for example only project made by joseph will be copied to "Joseph Sheet"
and so on...
- sure i do not want duplicated data, so when a project owner name is changed "B7" from Joseph to Nihale in a specific project sheet "Pluto for example" the data of this project must automaticaly be removed fro "Joseph " sheet and be added to "Nihale" Sheet

hope this description will help and if you use the sheet you will directly understand my idea

Thankssssss

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back