Urgent Help

saurabh726

Im saving a html file in excel in which numbers are getting saved in the form of text. for ex

New activation 2 2 2

Now if i add it..it does not get add and it getting saved in text not in number.

Is there any formula or method through which i can convert these figures into number from text.

Thanx
Saurabh

If you tried Nimrod's suggestion and it did not work, then, you have non-printable characters in the cells. If you believe your cell contains 23, what does LEN() give? Also, you can get XL to clean the data and convert to a number with =0+TRIM(CLEAN({cell with data}))
saurabh726 said:
did that but still the result is not able to add that on doing that it shows me !value. it does not get add up.

Thanx
Saurabh

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
If you tried Nimrod's suggestion and it did not work, then, you have non-printable characters in the cells. If you believe your cell contains 23, what does LEN() give? Also, you can get XL to clean the data and convert to a number with =0+TRIM(CLEAN({cell with data}))

well len is showing me the left value and the formla is showing me some error when i go to 3 bracket and if i change the bracket design it shows me !value like it does not give me any result

Please help i got to make a format which im not able to make coz its not adding up the values

saurabh

Upvote 0
{shrug}
Hopefully, you will figure out sooner or later that with data in a million cells, you can use a million other cells -- possibly on another worksheet -- to enter the formula I provided.
saurabh726 said:
well my values are on different cells they are not in single cell

Upvote 0
hey tushar

that answer was not for u it was for nato and the formula u told me its not working its giving me the result value and moreover help me nothings work and the html file from which i exported into excel is from java script does that makes any diff.??...im not so much good at formulas but i know how to edit them and apply them ...

Help me dude

Thanx
Saurabh

Upvote 0
well anyone just help me coz my all format is finalised and i just need a formula by which i can sum up these values. its important and urgent

Thanx
Saurabh

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Assy Bissy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back