Update Other Worksheets When Updating Main Worksheet

something68

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I created a Personnel List as worksheet 1. I copied to a new worksheet and deleted rows so that the worksheet will just be cashiers, then copied again and deleted so the 3rd sheet will be just stock clerks and a 4th sheet of just deli workers.

I want to make a change on the first sheet, i.e., change a stock clerk to deli worker, so that it automatically updates other sheets.

If you download the workbook I attached, you just need to add additional people to the Personnel tab and they'll also show up on the other tabs accordingly

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
You'll need to make sure there is nothing in the cells below the formula, and you'll also need to change the tab names in the formula to match your workbook
I chose a cell outside of the print area and changed on the ALL employees list, even tried on Lancaster list:

=UNIQUE(FILTER(Personnel!$A$2:$A$401,(Personnel!$B$2:$B401="Lancaster")*(Personnel!$C$2:$C401="Avondale"))) It didn't seem to work (it brought up the choose a file), so I tried

=UNIQUE(FILTER(Personnel!$A$2:$A$401,(Personnel!$B$2:$B401="Lancaster")*(Personnel!$C$2:$C401="Avondale"))), again, didn't work, giving me the #CALC!

Upvote 0
I chose a cell outside of the print area and changed on the ALL employees list, even tried on Lancaster list:

=UNIQUE(FILTER(Personnel!$A$2:$A$401,(Personnel!$B$2:$B401="Lancaster")*(Personnel!$C$2:$C401="Avondale"))) It didn't seem to work (it brought up the choose a file), so I tried

=UNIQUE(FILTER(Personnel!$A$2:$A$401,(Personnel!$B$2:$B401="Lancaster")*(Personnel!$C$2:$C401="Avondale"))), again, didn't work, giving me the #CALC!

Upvote 0
If it's asking you to choose a file, you likely don't have a sheet called 'Personnel'.

Also, I have no idea what your workbook looks like, so you may have to adjust the column references as well. In my example, the person's name is column A, Role in column B, and location in column C.

Upvote 0
1726854457507.png

1726854479363.png

1726854499856.png

1726854518538.png

1726854537123.png

Upvote 0
Your names are column A, role in Column E and Location in Column B...all on the 'Personnel List' sheet...

In that case your formula would look like:
=UNIQUE(FILTER('Personnel List'!$A$2:$A$401,('Personnel List'!$E$2:$E401="stock clerk")*('Personnel List'!$B$2:$B401="Avondale")))

This will give you the list of names and then can use xlookup to bring other relevant columns in.

Upvote 0
Your names are column A, role in Column E and Location in Column B...all on the 'Personnel List' sheet...

In that case your formula would look like:
=UNIQUE(FILTER('Personnel List'!$A$2:$A$401,('Personnel List'!$E$2:$E401="stock clerk")*('Personnel List'!$B$2:$B401="Avondale")))

This will give you the list of names and then can use xlookup to bring other relevant columns in.

Upvote 0
That did not work. I am going to scrap this project and try something else. This is way too much work for something I though would be sort of simple.

Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
androidmj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back