UK Excel User Group Conference

xld

Banned
A meeting of the above group will take place on Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd April 2009 in London. This FREE event has some fantastic speakers from the Excel community.

The agenda for the two days is outlined below and you can book for either or both days by emailing bookings@excelusergroup.org.

Microsoft will be providing the venue and the hospitality and we look forward to a great and informative couple of days. The agenda is below, but if you want the full version with session details and speaker bios, you can download the Word document file here.

Venue:
Microsoft London (Cardinal Place)
100 Victoria Street
London SW1E 5JL
Tel: 0870 60 10 100

Agenda:

Wednesday 1st April 2009

<table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>Time</td><td>Event</td><td>Speaker</td></tr><tr><td>9:15am - 9:45am</td><td>Registration & coffee</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>9:45am - 10:00am</td><td>Welcome</td><td>Nick Hodge</td></tr><tr><td>10:00am - 10:45am</td><td>Working smart with the Excel grid</td><td>Simon Murphy</td></tr><tr><td>10:45am - 11:45am</td><td>Intermediate functions</td><td>Bob Phillips</td></tr><tr><td>11:45am - 12:15pm</td><td>Coffee</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>12:15pm - 1:15pm</td><td>What's in a name?</td><td>Charles Williams</td></tr><tr><td>1:15pm - 2:00pm</td><td>Lunch</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>2:00pm - 2:45pm</td><td>TBA</td><td>Microsoft</td></tr><tr><td>2:45pm - 3:30pm</td><td>Tips and tricks in charting</td><td>Andy Pope</td></tr><tr><td>3:30pm - 4:00pm</td><td>Coffee</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>4:00pm - 5:00pm</td><td>Pivot tables</td><td>Roger Govier</td></tr><tr><td>5:00pm - 5:30pm</td><td>Pre-submitted Q&A</td><td>All</td></tr><tr><td>5:30pm - Late</td><td>Dinner, drinks, etc</td><td>All (Inc. Delegates)</td></tr></tbody></table>
Thursday 2nd April 2009

<table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>Time</td><td>Event</td><td>Speaker</td></tr><tr><td>8:30am - 9:00am</td><td>Registration & coffee</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>9:00am - 9:15am</td><td>Welcome</td><td>Nick Hodge</td></tr><tr><td>9:15am - 10:00am</td><td>Data exchange</td><td>Nick Hodge</td></tr><tr><td>10:00am - 11:00am</td><td>VBA - It's in everyone's reach</td><td>Simon Murphy</td></tr><tr><td>11:00am - 11:30am</td><td>Coffee</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>11:30am - 12:45pm</td><td>Information - Visualising data</td><td>Andy Pope & Bob Phillips</td></tr><tr><td>12:45pm - 1:30pm</td><td>Lunch</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>1:30pm - 2:15pm</td><td>Arrays and array functions</td><td>Bob Phillips</td></tr><tr><td>2:15pm - 3:15pm</td><td>Speeding up Excel</td><td>Charles Williams</td></tr><tr><td>3:15pm - 3:45pm</td><td>Tea & coffee</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>3:45pm - 4:30pm</td><td>Pre-submitted Q&A</td><td>All</td></tr><tr><td>4:30pm</td><td>Close</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
I got an alert about this from Contextures Blog which I subscribe to this morning. I got unhealthily excited about it so I feel I ought to go! It looks like one not to miss.

Nice, work have said they'll pay for my transport and accomodation so I'm in.

Dom

My thoughts entirely, Richard!

I am booked up now and ready to go.

Nice, work have said they'll pay for my transport and accomodation so I'm in.

Dom

Wow! That is a good firm, well done! Unfortunately my work won't pay for me, and I'm presenting :-(

Last edited:
I'm signed up for the Thursday; really looking forward to the presentations and meeting some of you!

Colin

Wow! That is a good firm, well done! Unfortunately my work won't pay for me, and I'm presenting :-(

I told them that you'll teach me so much it will be worth their while. No pressure mind ;)

I've sent an email off to register for the Thurs also... I'll be paying my own way too Bob...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back