Trying to insert new cells: something went wrong

cad79

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've been trying to add new cells by copying empty cells in a schedule and selecting the row which I want my copied cells to sit above and selecting 'insert new cells' which was working for a while until friday, now it's showing this error:

1721716819188.png

can someone tell me why this has stopped working all of a sudden?

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I also cannot use any of the insert functions. Every time, it says something went wrong

Upvote 0
Did you have any office updates on Friday? It sounds like a bug (there was a recent one with inserting).

Upvote 0
Did you have any office updates on Friday? It sounds like a bug (there was a recent one with inserting).
It only started happening as soon as the crowdstrike issue occurred.

I tried opening the file in the excel app, and it says I do not have access to view the file (I do). When I try update the cells in the app, it crashes. If I try and open the file up in excel, it also says that it is using a recovered file, as the file is corrupt.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure this is going to be something we can reliably diagnose remotely. Where is the file stored - locally or in the cloud (eg OneDrive)?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure this is going to be something we can reliably diagnose remotely. Where is the file stored - locally or in the cloud (eg OneDrive)?
The file is stored on the cloud and is accessible via sharepoint

Upvote 0
Probably is related to the crowdstrike issue then. Is it only that one file, or are other workbooks affected? If the latter, is it only ones in the cloud?

Upvote 0
Probably is related to the crowdstrike issue then. Is it only that one file, or are other workbooks affected? If the latter, is it only ones in the cloud?
It seems to only be this file that has been affected which, funnily enough, is the only file that requires the insert function

Upvote 0
Perhaps it is indeed corrupt, especially if it was open when the issues occurred on Friday.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back