This should make you smile!!!

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the most beloved "football" team in the USA. :)

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
How can that game be called football when the only time anyone kicks it is when it is stationary, with someone holding it still, and after some other scoring event?

how can that game be called football when the only time anyone kicks it is when it is stationary, with someone holding it still, and after some other scoring event?

well said!

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the most beloved "football" team in the USA. :)
Most beloved???? :confused:

Actually I would give that title to the Cowboys, but the Steelers do have the most rings. And I went to Miami University, so I can't not cheer for Rothlisberger. I'm excited for the Bengals finally, looks like they might finally be getting something together, but I have always been a Dolphins fan since I was little.

Actually I would give that title to the Cowboys
Did you say most beloved or most hated?

The Cowboys seem to draw one of two reactions from most people, love or hate, sort of like the New York Yankees. Around here it is mostly hate!

Sorry Joe,

But seein' as how I'm from Texas, I'll have to go with the Cowboys. :)

(And I also worked for the Muchison family for a spell).

Did you say most beloved or most hated?

The Cowboys seem to draw one of two reactions from most people, love or hate, sort of like the New York Yankees. Around here it is mostly hate!
OK well at least the cheer leaders are beloved and most known around the world. :biggrin:

Sorry Joe,

But seein' as how I'm from Texas, I'll have to go with the Cowboys.
Smitty,

Seeing as how none of us can choose where we were born, I'll try not to hold it against you!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

As much as I despise the Yankees and Cowboys, I am not above admitting that some jealousy is involved here. Who wouldn't want their history, or owners who will spend whatever it takes to win?

Don't you just love how sport brings out the best [aggressiveness] in people!!

As an Englishman who spent some time in Austin, Texas as a youth in the mid-nineties, I must admit to affiliating somewhat with the Cowboys, although I become an avid Packers supporter whilst out there.

But, having said that, it is a silly sport and i concur with xld, there is no justification for calling it "football". It shares more with rugby, but there seems to be an inherant fear with American sportsmen/women of getting hurt, hence the padding!

On a seperate note, I'm considering starting up a new sport in the UK which involves a man throwing a small ball as far as he can whilst 10 opponents try to either catch the ball before it lands, or cause serious injury to the thrower........I shall call it "baseball". There will be a national cup in which English teams (and perhaps some Welsh) will compete. This will be called the "World Series"...........

As an Englishman who spent some time in Austin, Texas as a youth in the mid-nineties, ...

Me too, but the late eighties for me. Great town, never developed a taste for their sports though.

But, having said that, it is a silly sport and i concur with xld, there is no justification for calling it "football". It shares more with rugby...

Rugby is far more football that gridiron. Players will kick to relieve attacking pressure; they will kick for position when other options are limited; they will kick in attack to change the direction of play/momentum; an attacker might kick forward to avoid a defender; and so on and so on. And any player in rugby can kick the ball, even a prop, unlike gridiron where the only player allowed to kick it isn't even on the pitch for 99% of the game.

And in rugby, you cannot pass forward and obstruction is an offence not a pre-requisite. I don't think it shares anything with rugby apart from a similarity in ball shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back