This board moves too fast!!

What happens when you do get a reply, but need further follow up. Your post can't be found as easily anymore?
If you need further follow up, you can easily find your own threads by using the 'Search' facility (Advanced), enter your user name and under that the drop-down select 'Find threads started by user'. If needed, you may be able to further refine by using the 'Find posts from' date field at the bottom left of the searcg screen.

If you haven't posted a lot to the forum or the thread you want further help with is fairly recent, then you might even be able to use the 'Subscribed Threads' options under 'Quick Links'

Once found, post your follow up question and your thread will be back to the top of the board again.

While working on a topic, you may also consider adding the thread to your Favourites/Bookmarks for even more direct access.

Sounds like this question has been asked before and that most people like the status quo. Seems like this is a sensitive subject to a degree. Didn't mean to set off any alarms. I didn't mean to sound like I don't like the forum, because I really do. Just was wondering about the structure, which seems to work well for most people.

I'm not so sure status quo is even a remotely accurate way to describe the evolution of these forums, which includes quite a bit of changes over the years. One of those changes was to remove the sub forums you speak to, they didn't work well in practice. This hasn't just been asked before, it's been done, and removed.

If you're enquiring as to why we have structured the forums as-is, that is fair enough. If you want to experiment by creating your own forums, that are structured however you want them to be (differently?) and see if they outperform these forums, that too is fair enough.

It's not really about being touchy, it's about having spent a lot of time here, building something which most enjoy, and what appears to work better.

Last edited:
"Touchy" is gonna depend on who yer askin'. I fer one don't mind so much if'n a feller's got an idea he thinks will help make the place a little better. A good idea can come from anywhere, I don't see much harm in askin'. But if someone like Joe, who is an MVP, a moderator, a six-year vet and got 10K posts under his belt tells ya "been looked at, decided agin' it", then let go of that one and if ya get another one some time later toss it up 'n' see if'n she sticks.

As fer folks not being able to post in the correct forum, we have a forum that literally says Questions in Other Languages and folks *still* post English language questions in it; so I respond to 'em in Spanish and move their threads over ta the English forum. If'n folks -- when looking at the list of threads and the titles are in Dutch, Spanish, French & Portuguese -- can't suss out that they're in the wrong spot, I don't see how yer gonna get 'im on the right formula/vba/whatever bus. :rolleyes:

And Joe's also right 'bout there bein' lotsa folks post thread titles that say "I NEED A MACRO THAT'LL..." and they don't need a macro at all.

So, wave bye-bye to the sub-forum idea (g'head and shed a bitter tear :)cry:) an' toot into yer hankie if'n ya gotta) and do yerself a favor and go look up some of brother Nate's old posts. :p I guarantee you'll learn more doin' that than you did on all the falderal on this here thread.

Last edited:
Some of my recent posts have improved, Greg! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tdeulkar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back