The new face of Mr E....

Meant to say that I solved my problem with HTML signature by ensuring that in my profile BB Code was turned OFF.

Now it's fine, though still crap.

Luke

Barry Katcher said:
...Incidentally, your hyperlink was the first that worked for me on the new board. Everyone else's has just jumped me to the Forum Index List.

Well, I know there is (was?) a little problem with using old links to posts on the new board. The old version actually had the words "topic" and "forum" in the links. This new version just uses "t" and "f". If you use the old links, it just bumps you back to the main page.

Lastly, my version of Windows has a side-bar on the left side of the screen that can be reduced from about 2 inches wide to about 3/4 of an inch, but not any further. Therefore, I'm losing that much space on my screen, just the amount I would need to see the entire board screen without scrolling. No doubt Mr. Gates weighed the disgruntlehood of millions of users against the opportunity to place his pretty go-to-my-sites icons and we, the users, came up short again.

The only thing I can think of is that youv'e either moved the task bar to the left side, or you've opened some extra toolbars there and moved them around.[/quote]

By the way, your ::shrug:: BB code isn't working. Try ending it with ::/shrug::

:LOL: That wasn't really an attempt at a smilie or bbcode. It's just a habit I picked up from another board I'm on. We just do it for "expressions". So, it could be used for pretty much anything. Like ::sigh:: for example. It's more or less ::type whatever you feel like here::.

:)

Hey, Kristy. The "::/shrug::" was a poor attempt at dry humor. Guess it was dessicated. :LOL:

I guess there's no way to edit the links. Well, at least we didn't lose the old postings.

Anyway, that's just how my version 6.0 MS Internet Access is set up; not a matter of moving the icons, they're there to stay. But I did find a work-around: I open up MrExcel forum listing and from there, I open the Excel Questions forum in a new window, which fills the whole screen. From there, everywhere I go is in a new window/full screen. That's why God invented the double-right-click.

One thing I HATE :devilish: is that the message text size is fixed. My work computer is set at a resolution (it has to be) that makes the message text almost unreadable. This is a pet peeve about many websites.

Barry, I know the poster can vary the text size in his message. I'm refering to using the text size adjustment in the browser on my end when I read it. That has no effect. :devilish: After trying to read all that tiny type I go :eek:

Steve, I know you know that. I was just kidding. Had nothing to do at 10:00 at nite, so I got on the Bored. :confused:

Steve, do you have a mouse with a scroll wheel? You can change text size using that as well, if you haven't tried it already.

Von Pookie said:
Steve, do you have a mouse with a scroll wheel? You can change text size using that as well, if you haven't tried it already.
Kristy, the font size is "fixed". Try changing it to "small" or "biggest" and it will stay the same (At least on mine, IE 5)

Hmm. Oh well, it was just an idea :)

I haven't had a problem with the text size, myself, so I haven't even tried to change it. My screen is set at 1024x768, and I don't even have the browser maximized.

But, then again, maybe it's just my "young eyes" (that have needed glasses since about 14 years ago...in the 4th grade)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back