The Freaking Grinch Struck!

Thanks Tina,

That's a good idea, I'll have to have my wife check.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Update:

I found my wife bawling this morning - She realized that the bastards also stole all of our Christmas ornaments. Including all of the stuff our daughter had made in school over the years, like hand (finger) painted ginger bread men. The upside is that they also took the heinous ornaments that my step-mom insists on giving us each year, so there is a silver lining in every crowd.

I will miss the engraved 4" silver ball/bell that was given to us when Campbell was born.

Looks like it'll be popcorn and cranberries on the tree this year!

A fresh start then Smitty...and they may choke on the gingerbread men...:wink:
If it were me I'd rather the popcorn and cranberries anyway !!.....but I'm a Bah, Humbug person...:beerchug:

Have you had a look at the local pawn shops for any of your stuff? We had a string of break-ins and the guy was stealing whatever he could find. One of the victims went to a local pawn shop and saw his GPS. He proved it was his GPS because the thief never cleared out the data and the "Home" address was still set to the victims' house. The police were called and they used the pawn ticket to get the information on the guy and arrest him. Sure it's a long shot, but a shot nonetheless...

Definitely a fresh start. And it's nice to be rid of the heinous decorations we were obliged to hang.

sous - I already talked to a detective and they're particularly interested in trying to track down the pistol (they couldn't care less about the rest of the stuff).

Wow, that sucks big time! It has happened to us. One year dear step-mum was Christmas shopping, had two kiddos in the trolley turned around to pick up something off the shelf and some scummy teens yanked her whole bag out of the trolley... Needless to say she had all cash from relatives for the kids presents in her bag, car keys etc... All on Christmas Eve. Not a happy Christmas. We convinced the kids it wasn't Christmas until a few days later when the bank opened and all our rellies sent us money for presents again! People like that really dont think about WHO or WHAT they are taking...

Get a job like the rest of us!

Again Smitty, sorry about your presents and such getting stolen.

People like that really dont think about WHO or WHAT they are taking...

That's the worst part. It's pure selfishness, which frankly I just don't understand.

The good news is our neighbor, the detective, is probably going to set up a bait car in the next few weeks. That will be interesting.

I feel for you.I live in a nice area but thugs come across town and steal our stuff that we all work hard for. Last year someons stole all the christmas decorations from a yard down the street. Hard working people can not catch a break. Don't let that mess up your christmas. Hopefully you and your family have your health and each other.

Sorry to hear about your loss. If I remember right your location used to be Boulder Creek, up in mountains near here. I used to have a very remote cabin property in N. Calif (50 miles from nearest freeway) and when it closed escrow I went to get the keys. But they said I could not have them. So I asked why not, and they said that the owners had not locked the place in years so they did not know where the keys were anymore.

One would think remoteness would be more prone to ripoffs, but here in the city I've had cars broken into and one car stolen with all my tools (did get car back eventually). Although never got anything stolen at that cabin, I too did work with the police and D.A. concerning other matters there... One of the bravest men I've ever known is one of the cops up there I worked with. I'll never forget that guy. Can't say that for all the citizens and "authorities" there. Corruption has a long reaching food chain when drugs and the money involved runs rampant, because no one is willing to do anything about it. And instead, most everyone just looks the other way without getting involved...

So then perhaps due to the resulting discouragement, some cops give up or turn bad. But then again some cops are encouraged in their work when just one citizen is willing to help pursue (within the law) stopping the downhill slide in their neighborhood. This I know as an absolute fact.

Having a nice family can be a true blessing. Wishing you a merry Christmas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back