The Freaking Grinch Struck!

Smitty

Legend
Well, at least some undeserving little **** of a guttersnipe will get some Christmas presents this year.

Some useless bastard broke into my wife's car last night and stole her purse/wallet, my daughter's NoFriendo DS, tennis racquets, and all of the Christmas presents that my wife was hiding in the back. Worse of all I'd been to the range this weekend and they also stole my 9mm pistol. Thankfully, I'd put the rest of the guns back in storage.

Fortunately for the thief's benefactors he also had the good sense to steal the wrapping paper, tape and bows. Makes it much easier to wrap your ill gotten gains that way.

Unfortunately, our auto policy won't cover it because the car technically wasn't "broken into", as my wife accidentally left the *&#$% car unlocked last night.

I normally don't wish ill of people, but I hope that some little **** breaks a leg on my daughter's new scooter.

I #*&@^# hate thieves.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Well, at least some undeserving little **** of a guttersnipe will get some Christmas presents this year.

Some useless bastard broke into my wife's car last night and stole her purse/wallet, my daughter's NoFriendo DS, tennis racquets, and all of the Christmas presents that my wife was hiding in the back. Worse of all I'd been to the range this weekend and they also stole my 9mm pistol. Thankfully, I'd put the rest of the guns back in storage.

Fortunately for the thief's benefactors he also had the good sense to steal the wrapping paper, tape and bows. Makes it much easier to wrap your ill gotten gains that way.

Unfortunately, our auto policy won't cover it because the car technically wasn't "broken into", as my wife accidentally left the *&#$% car unlocked last night.

I normally don't wish ill of people, but I hope that some little **** breaks a leg on my daughter's new scooter.

I #*&@^# hate thieves.
Bummer

Happened to me twice (so far).

Once at a horse race track (the Meadows for those that know the area) and again at the old Three Rivers Stadium while at a Pirates game. Same car in both incidents.

That sucks. Hopefully your horse and the Steelers won though. ;)

Sorry to hear that.
Some household policies also cover car contents; it might be worth checking if your house contents policy has that included.

Some household policies also cover car contents; it might be worth checking if your house contents policy has that included.

Thanks, we already checked and the policy has a $1,600 deductible. All tolled (even with the pistol) we'd be right around there, so it's just not worth it. Especially not to have the rate go up for breaking even.

Funny, but when I told my wife what the auto insurance folks said, she said she'd get a brick and break the window. I told her you can't commit a crime just to make up for someone else's.

Bummer

Happened to me twice (so far).

Once at a horse race track (the Meadows for those that know the area) and again at the old Three Rivers Stadium while at a Pirates game. Same car in both incidents.
In both incidents the scumbags broke out the passenger side window.

The incident at Three Rivers Stadium, they also broke into 5 or 6 other cars parked in the same row as I was.

We had an incident the second or third week we got here, where someone down the block had a party, during which someone(s) slashed the street facing tires on about 10 cars. And they did both tires. There were lots of wreckers out here the next day.

Our next door neighbor is a cop and usually has his car parked in the driveway, but last night he drove his personal car home, same as the night of the party. Who says cops can't be good neighbors. :)

Hey Smitty, sorry to hear about the incident.
Man I get really p!#sed when I hear this stuff going on....where are the laws and the courts to keep this scum off the streets.
I had my house broken into some years ago and I never, ever, felt really comfortable in that place again.

Hope what goes around, comes around....:beerchug:

I want to put up a note on my wife's car:

Merry Christmas
Especially to whoever broke into this car and stole our Christmas presents.
You obviously need them more than we do.
But please turn the 9mm pistol into the police.

That stinks.

If you purchased the presents with a credit card, you may want to check with the credit card company. Many cards provide coverage for stolen items. At least you'd be reimbursed for some of the stolen stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back