Syntax problem with SumProduct and range?

EssKayKay

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
What about this for S33?
VBA Code:
Range("S33").Formula = Replace("=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR($C$32:$C$#)=R33),$Q$32:$Q$#)>0,SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR($C$32:$C$#)=R33),$Q$32:$Q$#),"""")", "#", Range("T13").Value)

Hello,

I’m back with an issue I’m having with a formula in a range of cells. This is in addition to my previous post (maybe I should have created a now post – not sure of the protocol). I’m not sure what is causing the problem. It appears the formula(s) are dependent on another set of cells. I’ll try to explain:

If I enter a value in K9, K11, or K13, it has an impact on formulas in column I (rows 33+) which affects results in column S (rows 33+). What’s weird is if I enter a small number (<11) in cells K9, 11, or 13 all works fine. However, if I enter a larger number (which varies between the K9,11,13 – some are >11, others >44), the values in column S display #Value!.

The value entered into cells K9, K11, K13 is displayed in the row in column I that corresponds to the date in cells K8, K10, or K12. That is, if the value in column I is greater than the accepted input, the #Value! is displayed in column S.

I have uploaded an abridged copy of my spreadsheet (TryMe) to DropBox.
Dropbox
I have removed most all coding leaving only one function in Module1. I did this in an effort to figure out what may be causing this problem.

As a display/example of what I am talking about, enter a large number (say 100) into either cell K9, K11, or K13 (yellow cells). You will see the #Value! appear in column S (green cells).

Thanks for viewing,
Steve K.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Just a note on my previous post. I suspect there will be a problem trying to access my test file (TryMe.xlsm). Is there some other EASIER way to post/upload a spreadsheet?

EDIT - I believe the problem is based on something to do with the formula in column I33+. If I delete all the data in range I33:I256 the error does not appear - however I need all data in column I.

Upvote 0
This is really a separate question so I'm moving it to a new thread.

When a small number (eg 11) is entered in K9 the dates in column C extend down to C254 which is referenced in the column S formulas.
When a large number (eg 200) is entered in K9 the dates in column C do not extend all the way down to C254 and the bottom cells in column C contain "" instead of a date. However the formulas in column S still reference cells down to row 254. The first part of those formulas return the year of the column C dates but of course "" does not have a year, hence the error.

Upvote 0
Solution
This is really a separate question so I'm moving it to a new thread.

When a small number (eg 11) is entered in K9 the dates in column C extend down to C254 which is referenced in the column S formulas.
When a large number (eg 200) is entered in K9 the dates in column C do not extend all the way down to C254 and the bottom cells in column C contain "" instead of a date. However the formulas in column S still reference cells down to row 254. The first part of those formulas return the year of the column C dates but of course "" does not have a year, hence the error.

Ahh thank you Peter, you found my problem. I think I have this working. I have to run the formula you created as noted in post #1 of this thread. After any entry is made in cells K9, K11, or K13, I run the following Sub:
VBA Code:
Public Sub ResetPITI()
   Range("S33").Formula = Replace("=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR($C$32:$C$#)=R33),$Q$32:$Q$#)>0,SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR($C$32:$C$#)=R33),$Q$32:$Q$#),"""")", "#", Range("T13").Value)
'. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
   Range("S33").Select
   Selection.Copy
   Range("S33:S" & Range("T13").Value).Select
   ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

Thank you once again for your help and patience with this old man. It truly is a pleasure hanging out here.

Again, much appreciated. . .
Steve K.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back