SUMPRODUCT problems with dates

mas_lerdanch

Board Regular
=SUMPRODUCT(--(DATE(0,MONTH('Summer Comparison Yearly.xls'!Date2003),DAY('Summer Comparison Yearly.xls'!Date2003))<=DATE(0,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY()))),('Summer Comparison Yearly.xls'!Profit))

Hello, I have a small problem. In my Excel document I have data for our turnover including a 'Date' column a Campaign column and a profit column. I have seperate worksheets for each year 2003, 2004, 2005... The last sheet is 2007 and contains data to date all the other worksheets contain data for the whole financial year which runs from September 30.

I want to compare the profit to date for each year so that it automatically updates each day I open the document. So for instance... the result would be equal to the SUM of Profit to Today (eg 8/07) in each respective year or sheet so I can compare the year with the bookings and turnover made on a daily basis without having to manually update each sheet every time.

The problem with the formula above (setup for the 2003 sheet) is that it does exactly that - If i run it now, it returns the correct data, ie the SUM of Profit up to today for the year. However it only returns data from 01/Jan/2003 - 08/Jul/2003 and none of the data prior to the 1st of Jan as the formula thinks the data for October, November & December is after July not before.

The Data for the Date column is formatted thus dd/mm

Please help.

Mas Lerdanch

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back