Sum Frequency IF formulas with multiple criteria

NewbieExcel123

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I have a formula I found on here (thanks for the help), but I need to add another criteria for it to search for.
It searches for how many times the word 'Pass' appears more than 5 times in a row until a 'Fail' is found, and then it tells me the total times that occurs.

Column NColumn O
AOPass
AOPass
AOPass
EOPass
EOFail
EOPass
EOPass
EOPass
AOPass
AOPass

Currently the formula is:
=SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(O5:O99="Pass",ROW(O5:O99)),IF(O5:O99="Fail",ROW(O5:O99)))>=5))

But I want to add the option for have one formula also search for EO and another formula search for AO.

Essentially I need to add into the above formula:

$N$5:$N$100,"=AO", $O$5:$O$100,"=Pass
or
$N$5:$N$100,"=EO", $O$5:$O$100,"=Pass

I am unable to upload files unfortunately.

Thank you

So I've come across a problem, it all seemed to be working fine, turned the result into a percentage so that 1 block of 5 "Pass" including "Pass (Advisory)" would equal 50% and two blocks of 5 would equal 100%.
But for some reason it's not done it in this one, is it because there's no breaks between the two blocks of 5? just 10 "Pass" in a row?
AO Passes = 1050%
EO Passes = 0None Completed
AOFail
AOPass
AOPass
AOPass
AOPass
AOPass
AOPass
AOPass
AOPass
AOPass

=IFERROR(LET(f,FILTER($I$5:$I$103,$H$5:$H$103="AO"),s,SEQUENCE(ROWS(f)),fr,FREQUENCY(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Pass",f)),s),IF(f="fail",s)),SUM(--(fr>=5)))*0.5,"None completed")

Thank you
It is meant to have 10 "Pass" in the above table

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
But for some reason it's not done it in this one, is it because there's no breaks between the two blocks of 5? just 10 "Pass" in a row?

The way the formula works now is that it finds any streaks, whether the streak is 1 or 5 or 23, then counts each streak that is >=5, so a streak of 5 counts as 1, and a streak of 23 counts as 1. But if I understand you, if a streak is over 5, you want to count that as 1, and each section of 5 should count as 1? So an overall streak of 23 should count as 4? If so try:

Excel Formula:
=LET(f,FILTER($O$2:$O$100,$N$2:$N$100=K2,"Fail"),s,SEQUENCE(ROWS(f)),fr,FREQUENCY(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("pass",f)),s),IF(f="fail",s)),SUM(INT(fr/5)))

I had to think about it, but it turned out to be an easy change.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back