Sum Duplicated Cells & Then Delete

nwentling5

Hello,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I have read over numerous threads on how to do this, but I am still not able to piece together the correct code to make it work.<o:p></o:p>

What I am trying to do is write some VBA code to run through a master part list, add up the duplicated part's quantity values and then delete the duplicated rows that housed the duplicated cells. <o:p></o:p>
Essentially, what I have is and what I need it to do is:
*After being populated by other work sheets within the workbook
Part Name: Quantity Required:<o:p></o:p>
Knob 6<o:p></o:p>
Wheel 4<o:p></o:p>
Hub 3<o:p></o:p>
Knob 5<o:p></o:p>
Wheel 3<o:p></o:p>
*Click Update Button
Part Name: Quantity Required:<o:p></o:p>
Knob 11<o:p></o:p>
Wheel 7<o:p></o:p>
Hub 3
I must note that I am using 2007 Excel and the loops need to be able to work dynamically since the master list will be updated regularly from other worksheets.
Also I have looked at pivot tables and I have messed around with them, but I wasn't able to create exactly what I was looking for.
If anyone can provide me a direction or some basic code on achieving this it would be greatly appreciated! I feel like it is probably something easy to code in VBA, but I have worked myself into a confused & lost state<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> ;)<v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks!<o:p></o:p>

I am running the windows 2007 version of excel. I have checked all my secruity settings and made sure everything was good in that area. I have no idea why it isn't working.

When I step through the code it seems as if it is working fine, but it just isn't updating on the sheet. Could you possibly attach your test workbook and see if I can run it and see if it works there?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
I apologize for a late response. I have finally gotten a chance to come back and work on this project again.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I downloaded your script and it works perfectly! However, when I try to adapt it to my actual worksheet and have it add up a different column I keep getting: "Run-Time error'9' Subscript out of Range".<o:p></o:p>
Within my actual worksheet I have the first column as "Part Name" and 4 columns over in Column E I have "Quantity Required". It is exactly the same concept, just adding up a column that is 4 columns over. <o:p></o:p>
I've tried reverse engineering your code several times, but I still have not been able to get it to work properly. I believe I am doing the off-set incorrectly but I am not sure. <o:p></o:p>
My latest attempt:<o:p></o:p>
Code:
Dim Rng As Range, Dn As Range
Dim nRng As Range
Dim Q
Set Rng = Range(Range("A3"), Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
    With CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")
        .CompareMode = vbTextCompare
    For Each Dn In Rng
        If Not .Exists(Dn.Value) Then
            .Add Dn.Value, Array(Dn, Dn.Offset(, 4))
        Else
            Q = .Item(Dn.Value)
            Q(1) = Q(1) + Dn.Offset(, 1)
            Q(0).Offset(, 1) = Q(1)
            .Item(Dn.Value) = Q
                If nRng Is Nothing Then
                     Set nRng = Dn
                Else
                    Set nRng = Union(nRng, Dn)
                End If
        End If
Next
End With
If Not nRng Is Nothing Then
nRng.EntireRow.Delete
End If
MsgBox "Run!!"

Where am I going wrong? Thanks for the assistance so far MickG. I feel like we are so close to finally solving this issue!<o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0
Try this:-
Code:
[COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR] MG02Aug57
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Rng [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, Dn [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] nRng [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Q
[COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] Rng = Range(Range("A2"), Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
    [COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR] CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")
        .CompareMode = vbTextCompare
    [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] Dn [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Rng
        [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Not .Exists(Dn.Value) [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
            .Add Dn.Value, Array(Dn, Dn.Offset(, 4))
        [COLOR="Navy"]Else[/COLOR]
            Q = .Item(Dn.Value)
            Q(1) = Q(1) + Dn.Offset(, 4)
            Q(0).Offset(, 4) = Q(1)
            .Item(Dn.Value) = Q
                [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] nRng [COLOR="Navy"]Is[/COLOR] Nothing [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
                     [COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] nRng = Dn
                [COLOR="Navy"]Else[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] nRng = Union(nRng, Dn)
                [COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] If
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] With
[COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Not nRng [COLOR="Navy"]Is[/COLOR] Nothing [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
nRng.EntireRow.Delete
MsgBox "Run!!"
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR]
Regards Mick

Upvote 0
I put the above code in the test spreadsheet with values going down the 4th column and I recieved the error: "Run-Time Error '9' Subscript out of Range". And it highlighted the line: "Q(0).Offset(, 4) = Q(1)".

Upvote 0
Well I figured out why mine was not working and the test spreadsheet was. I had "Option Base 1" at the top of my code. Woops.

Thanks for your patience and all of your assistance MickG!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back