Suggestions?

Mark O'Brien said:
I agree with the concept that the original poster gives some acknowledgement that their problem has been solved. However, a simple reply with "That worked" would do. Any other mechanism would be fruitless since a lot of OPs do not acknowledge that they got their problem solved. I hate those people. :biggrin:
I think we're talking about the same end result here, just some different methods to achieve that. :)

a lot of OPs do not acknowledge that they got their problem solved. I hate those people.
Hate's a bit strong...I'll go with frustrating (and there were several recently... :unsure: ).

I agree that a simple "That worked" or "Thanks" seems to be enough to indicate that a solution has been reached.

I think it's always good to know that the OP's issue has been resolved. (That and it's just the polite thing to do).

Smitty

{/End Rant here}

I'm with The Idea Dude and Firefytr on this. I think that some sort of indication on the thread title (one that doesn't involve opening the post) would be a good move and wouldn't stop others from adding alternative suggestions or further information if they wanted to.

I think lots probably use the "view unanswered posts" link to help those who haven't been answered. But a system that would facilitate a "view unresolved posts" link has to be a good thing.

As for saying "thanks" to those who've put some effort in to resolving our questions, when you click "view your posts" it is annoying to see a whole line of posts where you are the last poster. But i know that I've forgotten to say thanks once or twice - so perhaps it's just plain forgetfulness with others too.

But before I get carried away with suggestions... I know one thing for sure: this site has provided the answer to loads of my questions, which has meant that I’ve been able to provide A1 tools for my employer, which has saved them hundreds of man-hours and got me an excellent reputation.
So whatever the admins decide to do about unresolved posts – I’m not complaining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smllchng5

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back