Stupid Product Labels

Smitty

Legend
OK, we've all seen the one on the toaster that says "Do not use in shower/bath; electrocution may occur and could be harmful..." or something like it.

Today, while working in the garden with my wife, she pointed out the outside thumbs of her new gardening gloves, on which is printed:

For help with BLINDNESS
CALL 410-659-9314

Yes, that is the real number in case any of you have a hard time reading this. :lol:

It's kind of like braile on drive-up ATM machines... :huh:

Haven't we dumbed down the world enough?

Smitty

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I know this is almost besides the point, but why on earth would there be a "For Help with Blindness" message on a pair of gardening gloves anyway?

When I go to the States I am always puzzled by these 'stupid' warnings on all kind of things. My favourite is the coffee at the airport with the warning that the liquid inside could be hot.

Felix:

It wasn't that long ago that McDonald's had to pay some old lady $2.9MM because she scalded herself when she spilled their hot coffee on herself. Her allegation was that the hot coffee was, well, too hot. I guess she didn't make the connection when she ordered "hot coffee" (it's not just listed as "coffee") from their menu. :huh:

Thanks Oaktree,
Obviously, there must have been another old lady at another state who received some millions because her coffee was too cold, seems logical to me...

On my drive home every night I see two signs within 2 metres of each other

One warns motorists of "Blind People Crossing"

The second reads "Institution for the blind, turn left"

I shouldnt laugh, but it amused me :-D

In the town where I attended college (which shall remain nameless),there was a street where as you approached the next intersection there were TWO signs informing you that "Left Lane Must Turn Left". Of course, when you got to the intersection, you were greeted by another sign that said "No Left Turn"

lenze

Kinda along the same lines.

We have a small town north of that has a funeral home called
"Butcher's Funeral Home"

Sounds restful. Makes you kinda wonder at the grocery store.

:-)

I guess "Rush Hour" is mislabelled, too.

Confirmed by my trip last week to Washington DC. ;) :D

When I go to the States I am always puzzled by these 'stupid' warnings on all kind of things.

1. Ambulance chasing lawyers who eventually become legislators and make laws requiring idiotic labeling.
2. Spineless (wannabe legislator) judges who were appointed by (ex ambulance chasing) lawyers who are now legislators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukmana_sam

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back