SQL nesting

Swifey

I'm sorry to bother you again - As before I'm trying to create 12 input boxes for the user to type a single or multiple customerno. I tried looking at your SQL nesting code from my previous request, but I dont know what your code is doing so that I can modify my current SQL. My current SQL code is as follows:

Code:
SELECT [dbo_tConsolSales PDA].salesoffice, [dbo_tConsolSales PDA].billingdoc, [dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno, [dbo_tCustomer pda].custname, dbo_tSAPMaterials.prodgrp, dbo_tSAPMaterials.product, dbo_tSAPMaterials.description, Sum([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].quantity) AS SumOfquantity, [dbo_tConsolSales PDA].linecostvalue, Sum([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].linesellvalue) AS SumOflinesellvalue, [dbo_tConsolSales PDA].salesperiod
FROM ([dbo_tConsolSales PDA] INNER JOIN dbo_tSAPMaterials ON [dbo_tConsolSales PDA].material = dbo_tSAPMaterials.material) INNER JOIN [dbo_tCustomer pda] ON [dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno = [dbo_tCustomer pda].customerno
GROUP BY [dbo_tConsolSales PDA].salesoffice, [dbo_tConsolSales PDA].billingdoc, [dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno, [dbo_tCustomer pda].custname, dbo_tSAPMaterials.prodgrp, dbo_tSAPMaterials.product, dbo_tSAPMaterials.description, [dbo_tConsolSales PDA].linecostvalue, [dbo_tConsolSales PDA].salesperiod
HAVING ((([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno)=[Forms]![Frontpage]![soldto1] Or ([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno)=[Forms]![Frontpage]![soldto2] Or ([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno)=[Forms]![Frontpage]![soldto3] Or ([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno)=[Forms]![Frontpage]![soldto4] Or ([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno)=[Forms]![Frontpage]![soldto5] Or ([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno)=[Forms]![Frontpage]![soldto6] Or ([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno)=[Forms]![Frontpage]![soldto7] Or ([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno)=[Forms]![Frontpage]![soldto8] Or ([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno)=[Forms]![Frontpage]![soldto9] Or ([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno)=[Forms]![Frontpage]![soldto10] Or ([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno)=[Forms]![Frontpage]![soldto11] Or ([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].customerno)=[Forms]![Frontpage]![soldto12]) AND (([dbo_tConsolSales PDA].salesperiod) Between [Forms]![Frontpage]![cstart] And [Forms]![Frontpage]![month]));

Could you please help.
Swifey

How about this?

Change the following...
With Me!lstCustomer

To...
With [lstCustomer]

Or...
With lstCustomer

Denis

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Morning - It now passes
Code:
With lstCustomer
but fails at
Code:
For Each varItem In .ItemsSelected
withh the following message
"run-time error '424' Object required"

Swifey

Upvote 0
Just checking -- you do have a listbox called lstCustomer? The lower case L and 1 are easy to confuse in print -- make sure that the name in the code matches the one on your form

Denis

Upvote 0
Strange -- It's got me stumped. Here's my original code in full. It runs in 97 and 2000 (just converted the database to check it). My SQL code is more straightforward, but that's not where your problem lies.

A thought -- you are triggering this from the OnClick event of a button on the form module, not a standard module?

Denis

Code:
Private Sub cmdPreview_Click()
  Dim strName As String
  Dim strList As String
  Dim strFilterText As String
  Dim varItem As Variant
  Dim strQuote
  Dim strSQL
  Dim qdf
  Dim dbs As Database

Set dbs = CurrentDb()
  strQuote = Chr$(34)
  strList = ""

With Me!lstEquip
    For Each varItem In .ItemsSelected
      strName = strQuote & .Column(0, varItem) & strQuote & ","
      strList = strList & strName
    Next

strFilterText = Left(strList, Len(strList) - 1)
  End With
 [txtList] = strFilterText

strSQL = "SELECT Equipment.* FROM Equipment WHERE (((Equipment.EquipmentNo) In (" & strFilterText & ")));"

dbs.QueryDefs.Delete "qryEquipNoFilter"
 Set qdf = dbs.CreateQueryDef("qryEquipNoFilter", strSQL)

Select Case [cSheet]
  Case 8
    DoCmd.OpenReport "Inspection Sheet 8 Multi", acViewPreview
  Case 9
    DoCmd.OpenReport "Inspection Sheet 9 Multi", acViewPreview
  Case Else
    DoCmd.OpenReport "Inspection Sheet Multi", acViewPreview
End Select
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agata

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back