Sorting Every 2nd Row To Be On A Single Line

Justijb

Hello All,

New to the group so I apologize if I am not doing this correctly so any and all suggestions for a smooth intro/responses/conversation are welcomed.

I have a spreadsheet where every second row is a new entry/field with 5 columns of information.

Column ABCDE and Row 1& 2, correspond to the same data set. I want Row 2 and Column ABCDE to be moved up to Row 1, FGHIJ.

So every second row would apply through Row 27018.

Again, apologies if this is poorly explained but I can offer more info needed and thank you in advance.

R/

J

Rick, JLGWhiz,

Thank you so much for your assistance in the past. I'm hoping you can assist me again with this next question I have. It's a spreadsheet with multiple columns (A through N) and around 18k records. I need help writing the code to sort on column D and I would need to highlight yellow, every row that has only one name in it.

E.g.

Rows two and three have 'regina" and nothing else while rows 4-23 has "Elizabeth lastname" and other rows have three names in it.
The sort you want done on Column D is an alphabetic sort, not a sort by how many names are in the cells, correct? If so, should the sort be from A downward to Z?

You mention Columns A thru N... where are the names you want to highlight if there is only a single name... in Column D only or in any cell in any of Columns A thru N?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWahl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back