Sorry for those banners ---->

Hi Bill (MrExcel):
Following up on Andreas' idea of $1 contribution from every participating member, I recognize as Mark O'Brien, Bill Juan, and you mentioned, it would not be enough. However, I believe the concept is worth looking into --- if $1 does not cut it -- how about $5, or so per registrant. I believe the membership we have understands the benefit the board provides to all the Excel enthusiasts. The only drawback I see, even about a small charge is that there is some thing unmatched about the claim that the board is free for every one to use.
I just wanted to say, that you may want to keep this idea in your back pocket, and if necessary get a consensus from the membership in general as well as from MrExcel MVPs.

Regards!

I like the flogging CDs and stuff much better. :biggrin: Although apart from that damned trip.com popup, I've had no real problems with the adverts. I usually keep my window too small to see the banner on the right hand side.

How about a mad, short term solution. Why don't we actually click on the ads instead of ignoring them? (thus increasing the selling power of the site)
_________________<font color = green> Mark O'Brien
This message was edited by Mark O'Brien on 2002-05-23 20:35

The Radio Shack site is nice. Give it a click the next time you see it!

My call.

I feel if we ask guys to pay (for what ever reason) say membership then these guys will ask for A or B it human nature, and will make this site commercial (more than it is in some ways) but the site has to be paid for a small 1 question a week I or anyone could run, this site gets murdered with all types of traffic, Bill needs to cover his costs REGARDLESS HOW ?? I do not know, but why if some guys like me might not have the cash, so them to them in lower paid jobs will find $5 in comparison $50 ?? so it’s a means issue.

To me directly money is no problem, but also look at some guys NON WORK run poor system, I run a PI 166mmx and win2000 Office XP I buy my software, and regret it as most techi issues on this site are buy rouge kit???

I feel we could be if costs are involved push guys away, this board is not for the elite? Or am I incorrect?
If this site went pay per view, I would leave.
If this site becomes MASTER GURUS or MVP Only I would leave.

I see this site as a web project to the world and as such is public domain, so if costs are involved can I not change for me expert opinions and fixes, would this not be fair???

Trouble shooting we all know cost more in cash than any other problem, if a trade banks down look at the loss in profits they pay millions to fix issues, they have to so code writers against trouble shooters?? I might be rich?

I feel we all except Bill needs to re coupe cost and except the ways he does this, I feel this hard and needs a loud applause from us all Bill gave the world this site and I wish bill every success.

Also how can I say trans $5 to the US… will cost me more in transfer costs, I could mail #7.50 UK pounds bit that’s silly also… it’s not that simple I think.
A sticky problem that of cause the US guys see a little different from the rest of the world, I’m a friend UK based and I see this differently

Some issues!

PLEASE don’t take these comments out of text – they are not negative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back