Sorry for those banners ---->

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I really long for the days when it only cost $10 a month to host the site. Today, we take up over half of a T-1 line and the costs have risen 30-fold.

Radio Shack is paying for this month's hosting if we put up with those banners for 10 days. Trust me, they will be gone once we hit our quota.

Bill

This message was edited by MrExcel on 2002-05-22 21:27

no worries bill - it's the pop ups i hate. but i'm wondering if the banners are causing a minor kaflooey. sometimes when i view a post, it's going off the right side of the screen. other page views (like this one) seem to be ok. just wondered if the banners being over to the right may have something to do with it.
cheers
anno

On 2002-05-22 22:16, anno wrote:
no worries bill - it's the pop ups i hate. but i'm wondering if the banners are causing a minor kaflooey. sometimes when i view a post, it's going off the right side of the screen. other page views (like this one) seem to be ok. just wondered if the banners being over to the right may have something to do with it.
cheers
anno

I'm getting the same problems as Anno. The main Questions page looks a bit bizarre this morning, too, with a long username, all the board appears 'squished' (technical term there :)) up. Don't suppose there's any chance of having the side ad at the top, is there?

Doesn´t the Microsoft company support MrExcel.com financially.
It would be in their interest isn´t it?

Hello Bill (Mr Excel )

I have an Idea.
Let's all of us - registered users - put a dollar for this site once a year - and keep it running independent and free of advertising banners.
This site means a lot to me and i am sure
a lot of friends out there agree .

Bill told me the cost of running this site. I think it's a tad more than $3000 per year (based upon the $1 per head idea).

Nice idea though.

How about everyone doing a project for Bill for free? :biggrin:

Hello Mark

Thanks for the compliments :) , all i was saying is to find a way to help Bill , for the GREAT SITE he runs ,any other suggestions
welcome :biggrin:
By the way ,what is the monthly running cost ?

On 2002-05-23 02:51, Hakon wrote:
Doesn´t the Microsoft company support MrExcel.com financially.
It would be in their interest isn´t it?

Hakon, well, yes and no. MS has it's own forums... so why support others ? but agree, it would be a good investment for them ! (And for US ! :biggrin: )

We'll have to live with the ad over there the way it is, even a little screwy on the message page.

Microsoft does not support this site at all. Every month, Microsoft buys ad space all over the Internet. My ad sales rep at Burst pitches to them every month, "advertise on MrExcel" and they don't. A little frustrating!

Thanks for the contribution idea - it is not necessary - and I will do one better - soon, with the new MrExcel site - the board will be all ads free, all the time. I have some awesome Excel products coming out, and I am convinced sales of the Excel CD's and books will eclipse the ad revenue, so I am going to go ads-free by this summer. Hooray! Save that $1 to put towards one of these awesome CD's when they are ready.

No one will believe this, but the cost for MrExcel.com this year is going to be $15,500! That is a lot of cash. However, this is my full time business, and it does generate enough cash to keep me and a few others employed full time, so it is a worthwhile expense.

This message was edited by MrExcel on 2002-05-23 07:30

Hello Bill

I would like to thank you , and all your associates for the Great Site , and the forum, very powerful tools for all excel-lers around the globe.
Just wanted to help , i hope you don't get me wrong o.k. ? :)

Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back