So frustrated… no clue what’s happening with my MS Access

CesarAustin

Board Regular
Can someone please help… so frustrated… no clue what’s happening with my MS Access…

For some reason… when I create a table… or query… I can’t see it at the left panel were you suppose to see at… I have to open the dropdown box at the top and pick “tables and related views” and click view by Object type.. and then click on view “All Access Objects” … I never had to do that before… I use to just create a table/query and have it show up at the left under Table or Query… and another odd thing is happening… when I create a query, let’s say as a “select” query… I name it and save it… but then I reopen it in design view… to change it from a “select” query to a “make table”… it won’t let me, meaning, the menu at the top, under Query tools, it’s just not there… like it should be when you 1st create a query… and like it always use to be..

Do y’all know what’s happening???

(sigh)... so frustrated!!!

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Ok… I did a few searches on what’s happening… and I did see other folks are having the same problem… they suggested to reinstall/repair MS Access 2010… So, just for fun, I rebooted my system and was just about to do the reinstall but wanted to check to see if the reboot helped… and wouldn’t you know it…. it did, it’s not doing it anymore, once I create a new table or query, it pops up in the left panel like it should…. And now I can change excessing queries to a different query type… the only problem it didn’t fix was, and I didn’t say anything about this one… in an excessing queries, to open it in design view, I have to right click the quarry… meaning, the button at the top, the “view” button, it’s grayed out, so the only way to view the queries in design view is by right clicking on them..

Other than that, it’s all good now..

This is the link where they were talking about it.. the guy even posted a YouTube video of the problem.
ms access - New tables don't appear in navigation bar - Stack Overflow

Upvote 0
Also make sure hat you have installed all the Office 2010 updates. Issues were fixed in the updates.

For others reading this with Office/Access 2007 be sure to get install ALL the update to at least SP2.

TIP: Make sure to install all the Office updates that appear in the Windows Update. By the time they show up in Windows Update they have been tested.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DylantheD

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back