Snow In Houston

You can add the central valley of Northern California to the list of unusual places where snow has made an appearance this year. Metropolitan Sacramento reported multiple places this morning with 2 to 4 inches of snow. There was as much as 12-16 inches overnight at just 1500 feet of altitude. I have lived here for 20+ years and only seen snow a couple of times, but never staying long enough to measure. And they are predicting the mid-20sF (-4C) for the temperature tonight...

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
We had a light dusting yesterday. There were folks visiting from south Georgia and all they could say was, "It's snowin' and y'all are still driving all over the place."

We're expecting a winter storm tonight. Snow to begin with, changing to rain by morning, with freezing rain somewhere in between. I'd rather have a foot of snow than any amount of freezing rain.

... I'd rather have a foot of snow than any amount of freezing rain.

Amen to that!

And to our local forecasters... a BIG... FAT... PHHHHT!!! :nya: Last night all of 'em were selling the 5" for our area schtick. Shoot, I can still see the pavement on my sidewalk.

Greg

You have pavements on your sidewalk?:eek:

That's just bizzare - we have pavements but no sidewalks.:)

Greg

You have pavements on your sidewalk?:eek:

That's just bizzare [sic] - we have pavements but no sidewalks.:)

Aye, over here "pavement" refers to the material of any paved surface, sidewalks, streets, driveways, airport runways,... Asphalt is a specific type of pavement.

Nate - the same low pressure system that tracked too far north to hit us much is the same that's dumping on you guys and pretty much all of Iowa. How much y'all gonna end up with?

Last edited:
Greg

How can you expect a poor country like oursis to actually teach pleple to spl correctilly?

Or type-touch.:)

Greg

Apologies, I'm so bad at spelling/typing/seeing that I thought you meant that I'd spelt bizarre wrong.

Anyway back to the snow thing - I know the Inuit have many words for it but I think we've only got one - *****.

And that's not a wildcard.:)

New england got that storm this morning. When I left the house at 5, there was already a few inches, and you can imagine that the plows weren't out yet. It just doesn't phase me anymore... as mentioned in an earlier post in this thread: "It snows, I drive, what's the problem?" The problem is the people who should NOT drive when it snows... 40 miles of mostly highway driving, and too many people goinf 10mph instead of a more reasonable 35-45... at leats i made it!

Hit us here in Toronto over night...I'm pretty sure our yearly snowfall is now greater than that of Houston's:-). Took me about 1 hour and 40 minutes to make my 20 minute drive to work. Radio said they were reporting about 1 accident per minute. Looks like no here know's how to drive in the snow either(Except for me of course).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back