Show msg box based on consecutive values

Oximoxi

Hi all,

I'm struggling with one problem. I have a spreadsheet, where numbers are filled into columns A,B,C in values from 1 to 15. And I'd like excel to show msg box based on theese two conditions:

1. if 3 consecutive rows contain number lower than 5
2. if 3 consecutive rows contain number higher than 10

Show msg based on the value is no problem, but I don't know how to deal with the consecutive condition. :(

Thanks for any help!

Oxi.

Ideal solution for me would be, if the macro would be triggered by change of the last cell, the cell in C column. The macro would check wether the current row and two previous rows contain numbers <5 or >10 and if so, it would show the msg box.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Try this "Change_Event" Code:-
Code:
Private [COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR] Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range)
    [COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Rng [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, n [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long,[/COLOR] nStr [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]String,[/COLOR] Dn [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, Rw [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, R [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, Ten, Five
 [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Target.Count = 1 [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Target.Row = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count And Not Intersect(Columns("A:C"), Target) [COLOR="Navy"]Is[/COLOR] Nothing [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] Rng = Cells(Target.Row - 2, 1).Resize(3, 3)
        [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] Rw [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Rng.Rows
            [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] R [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Rw.Cells
                [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R > 10 [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
                    Ten = Ten + 1
                    [COLOR="Navy"]Exit[/COLOR] For
                [COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] If
            [COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] R
         [COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] Rw
         [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] Rw [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Rng.Rows
            [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] R [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Rw.Cells
                [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R < 5 [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
                    Five = Five + 1
                    [COLOR="Navy"]Exit[/COLOR] For
            [COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] R
        [COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] Rw
        [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Ten = 3 [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] MsgBox "Each row of Range " & Rng.Address & vbLf & " has Values Greater than Ten"
        [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Five = 3 [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] MsgBox "Each row of Range " & Rng.Address & vbLf & " has Values Less Than Five"
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR]
Regards Mick

Upvote 0
Thanks guys for help!
But unfortunately, the Mick's code does not work either. :( I copied it to blank excel file to test it out, but when I paste it into new module, I can't run it.

Upvote 0
I see...
Great, now it works, thank you!
Just one more thing: would it be possible to trigger the macro only after change in the last cell of the row (change in C column)? So that the msg box appears only when you enter all data.
Thanks again!

Upvote 0
You're welcome
For Last cell column "C" activation:-
Change this line
Code:
If Target.Row = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count And Not Intersect(Columns("A:C"), Target) Is Nothing Then

To this line
Code:
    If Target.Row = ActiveSheet.Cells(1).CurrentRegion.Rows.Count And Target.Column = 3 Then

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back