Set VBA for default printer.

mrattana

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
To All Experts,

I need an assistance in setting up a VBA for the default printer in my office. The issue is I want my spreadsheet to be set up to wherever I open the spreadsheet at any computers in the facility. I want the sheet to be printing out directly at the printer in my office only. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

I'm not sure - when I initially wrote the macro, I did a new macro and sent the print command - that's where I got it from.

To solve my problem, I've just manually pushed one print to that docuPrinter each time, then my Excel will continue to default to that while I run through the various files to print via the macro. It's just frustrating that it's not working for me.

How do I find the full network address of the printer?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
To All Experts,

I need an assistance in setting up a VBA for the default printer in my office. The issue is I want my spreadsheet to be set up to wherever I open the spreadsheet at any computers in the facility. I want the sheet to be printing out directly at the printer in my office only. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.
Using KISS, I finally solved this problem by using the Workbook_Open code below and creating a Printer Control sheet where a chart looks up the computer name to select the correct printer for that computer. The Printer Control tab is brightly highlighted to help users remember to update the chart when a new computer and/or printer is added or replaced. Standard macros for Get Computer Name and Get Printer Name are used to power those buttons. To get started, Type 1 into cell AP1. Formulas are: For Z1 =NOW() For A27 =IF(Z1>0, GetComputerName(), " ") For B27 =IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A27,A19:B25,2,FALSE), Z2) For B33 =LEFT(B27,LEN(B27)-2) For B34 and fill down =CONCATENATE(B$33,C34) For C34 and type next number thru C39 '0: Sheet1, cell A1 is where user input will begin. The end part of the code is just a belt and suspenders type of thing for shared computers/files to prevent novice users from getting sidetracked.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

On Error Resume Next
If Sheet3.Range("AP1") = 1 Then
Application.ActivePrinter = Sheet3.Range("B27").Value
If Error Then
Application.ActivePrinter = Sheet3.Range("B34").Value
End If
If Error Then
Application.ActivePrinter = Sheet3.Range("B35").Value
End If
If Error Then
Application.ActivePrinter = Sheet3.Range("B36").Value
End If
If Error Then
Application.ActivePrinter = Sheet3.Range("B37").Value
End If
If Error Then
Application.ActivePrinter = Sheet3.Range("B38").Value
End If
If Error Then
Application.ActivePrinter = Sheet3.Range("B39").Value
Application.GoTo Sheet1.Range("A1")
End If
End If

ActiveWindow.View = xlPageLayoutView
ActiveWindow.LargeScroll up:=1
Application.SendKeys "{NUMLOCK}", True
ActiveWorkbook.Save

End Sub

Attachments

• Printer Control tab.png
    Printer Control tab.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freddocp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back