Seeking suggestions for an alternate browser.

I tend to use Firefox due to its ease of use and the incredibly useful add-ons/extensions you can get for it (NoScript anyone?). I do like the look of Opera and use it intermittently, but FF is my number one.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Put me down for Firefox. It can do sooo much more than IE thanks to a very robust developer community. You have a lot finer control thanks to about:config (And Firebug) and when it says it deletes things, it actually does. Well unless you have a misbehaving plug in (Move media player can you hear me??)

Course it doesn't lend itself to VBA like IE does.

Last edited:
On the Mac (OS X 10.5.2), I use Safari and Firefox. Both excellent browsers.

I've been using a browser called Slimbrowser for about 6 years. It's got tabbed browsing, that works better then IE, a built in pop up blocker, customizable search bar, etc... and it's had them far longer then the big guys. It uses the explorer back bone, so I've never had any real compatibility issues either.

Cal

I don't understand why it makes much of a difference.

I use bog standard IE. Surely, all you need in a browser is a place to type www.mrexcel.com.

What does FF give you that IE doesn't? Am I missing out on something cool?

Enhanced security, a higher performing pop-up blocker, better tabbed browsing customization(s), add-ons, themes, developer tools, the list goes on. Those are my personal favorites. Before IE7 came out, IE6 was a joke. Firefox was released and IE took the tabbed browsing idea and implimented into IE7, and I'm sure IE8 will have it as well. I think it's more a matter of preference than anything. I switched during IE5, so my problems went down to almost nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warwick89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back