Sample Spread Shhets

I have the PDF and not the Amazon Kindle version, so perhaps there is something missing.
If you look at the Table of Contents, does it start with:
Dedication
About the Author
Foreword
If it does, have a look at the Foreword and in particular the paragraph headings in that section.
Does it start with "How to use this book" and, if so, what is the next paragraph heading?
Bear with me on this and we will probably get you there.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
The contents: Dedication, About the Author, Acknowledgement, Forward. The Acknowledgement is different than you cite.

It does not start with "How to Use this Book", but it is there subsequently. I am posting everything after "How to Use this Book":

Each topic starts with a problem and then provides a strategy for solving the problem. Some topics may offer additional details, alternate strategies, results, gotchas, and other elements, as appropriate to the topic. Each chapter wraps up with a summary and a list of any Excel commands or functions used in the chapter. The screenshots are from Excel 2010. If the instructions are different in Excel 2007 the text will note the Excel 2007 command. The common difference is that the File menu in Excel 2007 did not say “File”, but had the Office Icon. In Excel 2007, Microsoft has organized the ribbon into a series of tabs: the Home tab, the Insert tab, the Page Layout tab, and so on. Within each tab, Microsoft has organized icons into various groups. On the Home tab, for example, there are groups for Clipboard, Font, Alignment, Number, Styles, Cells, and Editing. In this book, if I want you to choose the Delete icon from the Cells group on the Home tab of the ribbon, I say, “Choose Home, Delete.” The other option is to say “Choose Home, Cells, Delete,” but you never actually choose Cells; it is merely a label, so I generally do not mention the group when I write about a command.

Jelen, Bill (2011-07-12). Learn Excel 2007 through Excel 2010 From MrExcel: Master Pivot Tables, Subtotals, Charts, VLOOKUP, IF, Data Analysis and Much More - 512 Excel Mysteries Solved . Independent Publishers Group. Kindle Edition.

I found the reference in my ebook. I owe you a sincere apology. It was on my page 172 on the last page of "Forward". Whle it may not be an adequate excuse, I find ebooks less friendly when there are more than 800 pages. I do not believe the hard copy is as difficult to find things.

Again, I apologize. Thank you for you patience.

No problem at all.
I think that it was the fact that it is a Kindle version that caused the confusion as the Kindle pages will differ according to the font size etc.
Pleased that we got the answer for you in the end.

I found the reference in my ebook. I owe you a sincere apology. It was on my page 172 on the last page of "Forward". Whle it may not be an adequate excuse, I find ebooks less friendly when there are more than 800 pages. I do not believe the hard copy is as difficult to find things.

Again, I apologize. Thank you for you patience.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what page you found it on. It will help us when someone else has the same (or similar) issue.
Question: does your Kindle have a search option in the book? Could we help the next person by giving them some exact text to search for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukmana_sam

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back