Running Ants.......

Hjemmet

Board Regular
I know the Running ants show up when Copying and Past…..

But is it Possible to get them to show with out doing the Cop/past function when a value is set en a Cell

Hjemmet

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I know the Running ants show up when Copying and Past…..

But is it Possible to get them to show with out doing the Cop/past function when a value is set en a Cell
You can do the copy part by itself to put the marching ants around a cell or range of cells and as long as you don't turn the marching ants off (you don't need to paste the copied value to do so), they will remain marching even if your code or the user does other things on the worksheet (of course, this will affect the Undo buffer). For example, execute this line of code...

Range("C3:C5").Copy

when the selection is located anywhere else. You will get the marching ants until either the user turns them off by hitting the Esc key or when you or the user copies a different set of cells or your issues this command...

Application.CutCopyMode=False

Last edited:
Upvote 0
didn work proberly

it worksfine for the first cell but not cell's eksampel Range("C3:C5").copy an Rang ("C7:C8").copy

Upvote 0
didn work proberly

it worksfine for the first cell but not cell's eksampel Range("C3:C5").copy an Rang ("C7:C8").copy
When you have multiple replies, you should mention who your follow up message is directed to. It looks like you may be replying to me. The marching ants are what Excel places around cells being copied... Excel only allows a contiguous range (read that as rectangular) to be copied. As your two ranges constitute more than one rectangular range, you cannot put marching ants around both of them at the same time. So if that is your need, my suggestion will not work. And because the marching ants are built into Excel's copy functionality, I do not believe there will be any way to implement them, using any method, for non-contiguous ranges, so I think you will need to use a different method to highlight your cells.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sorry if i reply too you but in first place you put the Range Function in Here
and that was the main reason how i ask you again

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I try Rick's advice But ive think it end here Before it ran of the Track

Thanks for give it a try
Thanks a Lot everybody

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back