Running Ants.......

Hjemmet

Board Regular
I know the Running ants show up when Copying and Past…..

But is it Possible to get them to show with out doing the Cop/past function when a value is set en a Cell

Hjemmet

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
No, not as far as I know. Why do you want to?

Upvote 0
I know the Running ants show up when Copying and Past…..

But is it Possible to get them to show with out doing the Cop/past function when a value is set en a Cell

Hjemmet

Is that for a single cell ? and if so, do you want that visual effect only when the cell is populated ?

Upvote 0
its Different from wich sheets ive on some sheets got more than 5 cells other got 10 But it' when cell is populated..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
its Different from wich sheets ive on some sheets got more than 5 cells other got 10 But it' when cell is populated..

I've just given this a try and I wrote some small code that works but it disbales the excel undo functionality and causes some screen-flickering.

This Pulsating Cell may interest you if all you need is just to get attention on the specific cell(s) .. It's fun and you should be able to easily adapt it for your needs via the Worksheet_Change event so that the cell starts pulsating for a little while after being edited and then stops.

There is workbook demo you can download in Post#5

Upvote 0
I have try you Code BUT The ANTS aint showing only the Sound

The code is not supposed to show any running ants effect ...as I said in my previous post, It is just a cell that pulsates to attract attention and for some fun ... I just thought you might be interested in it.

Which versions of excel and windows are you using ? and which bitness - 32bit or 64bit ?

Upvote 0
sorry my mistake of that windows 10 Pro office 2016 next month 2019

There was missing a 32-bit API declaration in the demo workbook which I now have added .

Updated Workbook demo

If you like the idea of having the cell pulsate for a while after being edited instead of the running ants but don't know how to adapt the code just let me know which are the cells and which worksheets and I'll try and do it for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back