RibbonX XML Lexicon/Language reference

Don't forget the CustomUI Editor, http://openxmldeveloper.org/articles/customuieditor.aspx. It is a poor tool, but poor is better than nothing.

Better than using Notepad, which is how I began as I started applying the applicable text of PED. In addition to it's advertised (though limited) functionality, it also edits the .rels file to add a pointer to the newly created customUI.xml file... a small, though frustrating, tidbit that PED neglected to mention. While you could create the xml file without the editor, if you really wanted to, I'm not sure how one would build the pointer in the .rels file...

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Don't forget the CustomUI Editor, http://openxmldeveloper.org/articles/customuieditor.aspx. It is a poor tool, but poor is better than nothing.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Better than using Notepad, which is how I began as I started applying the applicable text of PED. In addition to it's advertised (though limited) functionality, it also edits the .rels file to add a pointer to the newly created customUI.xml file... a small, though frustrating, tidbit that PED neglected to mention. While you could create the xml file without the editor, if you really wanted to, I'm not sure how one would build the pointer in the .rels file...<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Have a look on this free and easy to use tool: DataPig Custom Button Builder for Excel 2007

This utility allows you to add your own custom tabs and buttons to the Excel 2007 Ribbon without dealing with XML or complicated RibbonX code. You simply fill out a table and select your output method. With this utility, even an intermediate Excel user can create custom user interfaces that tie back to existing macros. Source code is free for all to see and build upon. (For MS Excel 2007)

Better than using Notepad, which is how I began as I started applying the applicable text of PED. In addition to it's advertised (though limited) functionality, it also edits the .rels file to add a pointer to the newly created customUI.xml file... a small, though frustrating, tidbit that PED neglected to mention. While you could create the xml file without the editor, if you really wanted to, I'm not sure how one would build the pointer in the .rels file...

I don't use images in the Custom XML, I hold files and load them via getImage callbacks.

Hatman et al,

Thanks for buying the second edition of PED. Like the first edition the second edition assumes that the reader have a basic knowledge and skill with Excel and its related technologies.

We invite all buyers of the book to discuss and ask questions related to PED at the following forum: http://proexceldev.net

I'm already convinced that we in the next edition of PED will delve into manipulation of Open XML Excel files in a various way without involving the Excel client. It will require a deeper coverage of the Open XML file format.

Download Visual Basic 2005 Express. If you create your XML there you will get command completion as in VBA.

Denis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back