return zero if same month?

sundodger

Hi all i currently have this formula.
=COUNTIFS('Call Data'!$B:$B,"UserName", 'Call Data'!$F:$F,"Calltype1", 'Call Data'!$Q:$Q,">"&'Current Month'!E$3, 'Call Data'!$Q:$Q,"<="&'Current Month'!F$3)
The cells E3 and F3 have weekending dates in them e.g 27/07/2018 and 03/08/2018
what i want to add/change is that if F3-6 is not in the same month as E3 then it returns a zero value.
thanks.
Mark

Think id need examples of whats in all of the cells mentioned in the countifs formula:

COUNTIFS('Call Data'!$B:$B,"UserName", 'Call Data'!$F:$F,"Calltype1", 'Call Data'!$Q:$Q,">"&'Current Month'!E$3, 'Call Data'!$Q:$Q,"<="&'Current Month'!F$3)

In call data column B do you literally have "UserName" in the cells?? Actually the word "UserName".

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
No we have 4 users, e.g Joe Bloggs, Theresa May etc. That is in B:B 2 call types in F:F and then the date of the calls in Q:Q all works ok for all the months of the year so far except that last week of March when it thinks the week ending the30th is in a different month from the previous week .
i substituted UserName etc just to anonymise it.

Upvote 0
I decided to come at this a different way in the end, i found a formula that counts how many Fridays in a month. I used this to run the calculation if it was 5 and return zero if not
=IF(SUM($A$2=5),COUNTIFS('Call Data'!$B:$B,"UserName", 'Call Data'!$F:$F,"Calltype1", 'Call Data'!$Q:$Q,">"&'Current Month'!E$3, 'Call Data'!$Q:$Q,"<="&'Current Month'!F$3),0)
hope this may help someone else in the future and a big thanks to Steve the fish for taking the time to reply and help me out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back