Return values from a Range

timh61

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm trying to create a vba that would look for this:

If the value of any cells in column B was equal to a value found in column R1 then the adjacent cell in column c would equal the first value in a Range in column D and each instance afterward it would equal the next value in column D, etc.

then

If the value of any cells in column B was equal to a value found in column R2 then the adjacent cell in column c would equal the first value in a Range in column E and each instance afterward it would equal the next value in column E, etc.

then

If the value of any cells in column B was equal to a value found in column R3 the adjacent cell in column c would equal the first value in a Range in column F and each instance afterward it would equal the next value in column F, etc.

I hope this makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated

No. That will always remain constant. As Long as any cell in column B matched any cell in column Z,(no matter where it is positioned) with the word "Weld" then it would look in column D, "Fire" would always make it look in column E, "Cos" would always look in column F, etc.
Okay, do you have all the values, or most of them, and their associated columns for me to put in the code or do you want to do that yourself?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Okay, do you have all the values, or most of them, and their associated columns for me to put in the code or do you want to do that yourself?
Actually, you have options. The values can either be hardcoded in the code itself, or you can enter the values in column Z, then enter their respective column letters in column AA like so:
Book3 8-29-2024.xlsm
ZAA
1WeldD
2FireE
3CosF
4SinG
5TanH
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Actually, you have options. The values can either be hardcoded in the code itself, or you can enter the values in column Z, then enter their respective column letters in column AA like so:
Book3 8-29-2024.xlsm
ZAA
1WeldD
2FireE
3CosF
4SinG
5TanH
Sheet1
Actually....... I think it would be better to enter the values in column z and the letters in column AA instead of hard coding them. That way if they change in the future then the code doesn't have to be re-written

Upvote 0
Actually....... I think it would be better to enter the values in column z and the letters in column AA instead of hard coding them. That way if they change in the future then the code doesn't have to be re-written
Alright, with that said, give this a try:
VBA Code:
Private Sub Cvalue()
Dim i, j, cI As Long
Dim count
Dim data

'Setting enough counters for as many values in column Z
ReDim count(1 To Range("Z" & Rows.count).End(xlUp).Row) As Long

'Initializing counter values to 1
For i = LBound(count, 1) To UBound(count, 1)
    count(i) = 1
Next i

'Setting data size to match columns Z:AA
ReDim data(1 To Range("Z" & Rows.count).End(xlUp).Row, 1 To Range("AA" & Rows.count).End(xlUp).Row) As String

'Initializing data with values in columns Z:AA
data = Range("Z1:AA" & Range("AA" & Rows.count).End(xlUp).Row).Value

For i = 1 To Range("B" & Rows.count).End(xlUp).Row
    For j = LBound(data, 1) To UBound(data, 1)
        cI = Asc(data(j, 2)) - 67
        If Range("B" & i).Value = data(j, 1) Then
            Range("C" & i).Value = Range(data(j, 2) & count(cI)).Value
            count(cI) = count(cI) + 1
        End If
    Next j
Next i
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thank you. I've placed this in the worksheet and added the corresponding column numbers for each code in column AA but I can't get it to fire. It gives me an error "subscript out of range"

Upvote 0
Thank you. I've placed this in the worksheet and added the corresponding column numbers for each code in column AA but I can't get it to fire. It gives me an error "subscript out of range"
Column numbers or letters?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back