Return Maximum Gross/Net Proceeds from Auction

xslim12

Hi All,

I was asked to prepare an excel file that is able to calculate maximum proceeds from an auction of multiple assets. In short, company is liquidating all assets in a court process and we must track bidders for all assets. Some bidders will bid for entire assets while other bidders will bid for asset groups or individual assets. We need to spit out what returns the most dollars. I know there is a long way of doing this through formulas but am curious if there is an off-shelf macro out there for this. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with VBA and cannot create my own.

Thanks,

-Slim

The individual asset bids are more likely to come in during the live auction.
You example doesn't have an instance of an asset group bid, but it would complicate comparison of revenues because you can't allocate the the group bid to the individual assets. Also, unless you have pre-divided the assets into groups, bidders may group assets differently, which is a further complication.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
You example doesn't have an instance of an asset group bid, but it would complicate comparison of revenues because you can't allocate the the group bid to the individual assets. Also, unless you have pre-divided the assets into groups, bidders may group assets differently, which is a further complication.

I really appreciate the help so far shg. In the example I submitted, bidder 1 is the asset group buyer (tractors and trailers only).

I suggested we eye ball this auction given that it is relatively small. Let me see how this turns out and I can redact the data set and bids. Can probably find a solution then.

-Slim

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back