Report and Quires

phimz196

I have three quires that are unrealted but i want to add all of the information in them to one report. Can i do this? How?

They are related in the fact that they are all counts. But, I could not link them. When i enter your dcount expression i get. " The expression you entered has a invalid syntax", You may have an Operand without an operator." What does that mean?[/img]

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
They are related in the fact that they are all counts. But, I could not link them

Why not?

Are they all based on the same table?

How do they differ from each other?

Upvote 0
It will let me link them but then when i use the report wizard i get. "YOu have chosen fields from a record sources which the wizard cannot connect. You may have chosen fields from a table and from a query based on that table. If, so choose fields from only the table or only the query"

Upvote 0
Do you actually need more than one query?

Can you not do the counts in the one query?

If the counts relate to different criteria you can use Group By to split them up.

Upvote 0
Could you make these one query?

SELECT Count(*) AS ABMWendy
FROM Expediting
WHERE (((Expediting.CompanyName)="ABM Commerical") AND ((Expediting.Requested)="OEM Print:B - Wendy Wright") AND ((Expediting.DateSubmitted) Between [Forms]![Expediting Report Range]![Text6] And [forms]![Expediting Report Range]![Text10]));

SELECT Count(*) AS ABMTiffianieRibbions
FROM Expediting
WHERE (((Expediting.Requested)="Ribbions - Tiffanie Williams") AND ((Expediting.CompanyName)="ABM Commerical") AND ((Expediting.DateSubmitted) Between [Forms]![Expediting Report Range]![Text6] And [forms]![Expediting Report Range]![Text10]));

Upvote 0
How about this:

SELECT Expediting.CompanyName, Expediting.Requested, Count(Expediting.DateSubmitted) AS CountOfDateSubmitted
FROM Expediting
GROUP BY Expediting.CompanyName, Expediting.Requested, Expediting.DateSubmitted
HAVING (((Expediting.CompanyName)="ABM Commercial") AND ((Expediting.Requested)="Ribbons - Tiffanie Williams") AND ((Expediting.DateSubmitted) Between [Forms]![Expediting Report Range]![Text6] And [Forms]![Expediting Report Range]![Text10])) OR (((Expediting.CompanyName)="ABM Commercial") AND ((Expediting.Requested)="OEM Print:B - Wendy Wright") AND ((Expediting.DateSubmitted) Between [Forms]![Expediting Report Range]![Text6] And [Forms]![Expediting Report Range]![Text10]));

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zack_ken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back