Remove #N/A N/A

DianeG

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am using this formula =BDS($B2&"ISIN",$O$1,"Aggregate=n","StartCol=2","StartRow=1","EndRow=1") to retrieve information from Bloomberg. I replicate this formula multiple times in the same column using &"/" to get a list in the same cell. However, when the formula no longer finds a name, it returns #N/A N/A. I would like it to return nothing instead. Could you please help me with this?

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
IF(ISNA(formula),"", formula)

So if formula returns #N/A then return blank otherwise execute the formula.

Upvote 0
Thank you, but it returns #NAME? Apparently, Excel doesn't recognize my BDS formula, yet it works perfectly fine.

Upvote 0
It might be that BDS returns multi-cell data and ISNA() is expecting a single return value.
I don't use BDS formulas so I can't help any further.

Upvote 0
Use if error statement to return a blank value.
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(BDS($B2&"ISIN",$O$1,"Aggregate=n","StartCol=2","StartRow=1","EndRow=1"),"")

Upvote 0
The #N/A N/A returned by BDS is a string rather than an Excel error type.
I don't have Bloomberg and I'm not sure what the inputs in B2 and O1 are and what the typical output would be so it's difficult to provide a precise answer.

However, as a suggestion you could explore options such as:

1. Checking the inputs to prevent the #N/A N/A happening, for example to check B2:
Excel Formula:
=IF(B2="","",BDS($B2&"ISIN",$O$1,"Aggregate=n","StartCol=2","StartRow=1","EndRow=1"))

2. Checking the BDS result for "#N/A N/A" and returning an empty string when it is, for example:
Excel Formula:
=LET(bbgResult,BDS($B2&"ISIN",$O$1,"Aggregate=n","StartCol=2","StartRow=1","EndRow=1"),IF(bbgResult="#N/A N/A","",bbgResult))

Upvote 0
The #N/A N/A returned by BDS is a string rather than an Excel error type.
I don't have Bloomberg and I'm not sure what the inputs in B2 and O1 are and what the typical output would be so it's difficult to provide a precise answer.

However, as a suggestion you could explore options such as:

1. Checking the inputs to prevent the #N/A N/A happening, for example to check B2:
Excel Formula:
=IF(B2="","",BDS($B2&"ISIN",$O$1,"Aggregate=n","StartCol=2","StartRow=1","EndRow=1"))

2. Checking the BDS result for "#N/A N/A" and returning an empty string when it is, for example:
Excel Formula:
=LET(bbgResult,BDS($B2&"ISIN",$O$1,"Aggregate=n","StartCol=2","StartRow=1","EndRow=1"),IF(bbgResult="#N/A N/A","",bbgResult))
Thanks for your message. The good formula was IF(formula)=« #N/A N/A », « « , formula ). Thanks to all of you !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back