Recognition for the humble ME!

I absolutely agree<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I Always thank people for help, its common courtesy let alone common decency<o:p></o:p>
Its often difficult to thanks everyone in a single post, more so when multiple solutions are given, hence why rarely reveal which solution I've used, whether it be formula or VBA.<o:p></o:p>
This board has certainly been an eye opener for me, I have always been fairly confident with Excel (I can run rings around anyone in my office, they class themselves are experts because they can do VLOOKUP!!)<o:p></o:p>
I spend my spare minutes (Waiting for reports to run @ work) looking for quick, easy answered questions which often don’t get a thank you, it doesn’t bother me that much as it a quick answer, but the more complex questions which take time and effort to answer sometimes go without gratitude which, granted is frustrating, but I live in the knowledge that I am contributing to peoples personal development (as well as allowing me to experiment with different solutions)<o:p></o:p>
A little gratitude goes a hell of a long way ;)<o:p></o:p>
Mark<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I just don't get so wound up about cross-posting.
I don't mind cross-posting, as long as they post back to all the forums saying that they have received an acceptable answer (and maybe a link to the post with the answer).

Personally I think a thankyou is always a nice thing to give someone who has helped you out be it here or elsewhere in life.

I come on here for three main reasons:
  • I do actually enjoy trying to find out a bit more about Excel where I can. It's got me to where I am today at work to be honest and as I improve hopefully a bit further still to come.
  • I'm no real Excel Expert but I know more than some and, although I don't think I could ever be a teacher, I feel it's a shame to not put it to good use and share it about a bit.
  • It's better than wasting my time watching the next episode of Celebrity Chav Skating or some soap opera that's supposed to make me feel better about myself because the character's lives are utterly crap.
You will always get people who take the assistance that you give them for granted. I've learnt to accept that you won't always get a thankyou but it's nice when someone does take the time to pass on their gratitude.

Now where's that nice warm fuzzy feeling inside?

Dom

PS A big thanks to anyone who's ever helped me out and sorry if I forgot to give it at the time.

Last edited:
Personally I think a thankyou is always a nice thing to give someone who has helped you out be it here or elsewhere in life.

I come on here for three main reasons:
  • I do actually enjoy trying to find out a bit more about Excel where I can. It's got me to where I am today at work to be honest and as I improve hopefully a bit further still to come.
  • I'm no real Excel Expert but I know more than some and, although I don't think I could ever be a teacher, I feel it's a shame to not put it to good use and share it about a bit.
  • It's better than wasting my time watching the next episode of Celebrity Chav Skating or some soap opera that's supposed to make me feel better about myself because the character's lives are utterly crap.
You will always get people who take the assistance that you give them for granted. I've learnt to accept that you won't always get a thankyou but it's nice when someone does take the time to pass on their gratitude.

Now where's that nice warm fuzzy feeling inside?

Dom

PS A big thanks to anyone who's ever helped me out and sorry if I forgot to give it at the time.

Dom's never helped me out;)

Code:
Dom's never helped me out:wink:

Most people would be happy about that! :stickouttounge:

I must humbly admit that I have been guilty of not giving thanks on a couple of occasions over the past few months. I do have a valid reason, however, which is that I have not had a great deal of suitable internet access recently due to the pressures of a new job and moving house (and the resultant delay in getting home internet set up). To all who have offered me assistance recently that have not received my thanks, I would like to take this opportunity to offer my gratitude now. All assistance was greatly appreciated!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
There’s no need to repeat the sentiments of all those who have commented in this thread thus far, save to say that I know all too well how frustrating it is when an individual does not respond to your help. I just hope that they benefited from it even if they did not have the opportunity to advise as such. <o:p></o:p>

There’s no need to repeat the sentiments of all those who have commented in this thread thus far, save to say that I know all too well how frustrating it is when an individual does not respond to your help. I just hope that they benefited from it even if they did not have the opportunity to advise as such. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Hammer, Nail & Head Lewiy:)

I can't say that I've supplied many solutions on this forum but I will say this:
I don't mind not receiving a thank you.....chances are I learned something in the process and feel good knowing that I may have helped someone learn at the same time.
However, I would like to know if a solution provided worked for the OP. That would also help in the whole "mark thread *SOLVED*" debate.:biggrin:

Thank you to all who have helped me! Which is pretty much everyone on this board either directly or through previous posts of their own which I used as reference as NateO suggested.
NateO said:
I use the site as a research tool and a virtual code database

Hi All
I always post a thank you after receiveing help. I need all I can get !
But, something that no one has mentioned ,is that quite a number of OP's actually think that this is the Excel Help Support Centre !!
These same OP's also are under the impression that the replies that are posted from users of this board are PAID to do so !!
Someone once told me....."If you are posting replies and expect thanks every time you do ......then stop posting replies"

I'll help out wherever and whenever I can.

Regards to All......and Thanks !!
Michael M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lozdemr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back