Problems Linking Excel Tables into Access

traversd

Board Regular
Hi,

I have recently tried to link two sheets from an Excel file into access so that I can use the data for queries. The first sheet imported fine with the first row as headings. However when I try to import the second sheet with the first row as headings, the table creats with the correct number of records, but the table is blank. When I import without headings on the second sheetit works. But I really want the headings on both as they may not always be the same tables....anyone any ideas ?

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi,

What kind of data do you have in the sheet that's not importing versus what's in the sheet that's correctly importing?

Also, what differences might there be in field names?

Corticus

Upvote 0
Hi.

The sheets are pretty much the same. The query being run is just to compare mismatches between the two sheets.

Upvote 0
That happens to me sometimes, is there any special formatting in the header?

When this happens to me, I select the whole sheet then copy and paste(SPECIAL) Values only to a new work book just to see if it imports. If it does then you need to look at the formats and data types, basically try different things to narrow down the problem

Upvote 0
This is a longshot, but,

Since one table works and the other doesn't, I don't think there's anything to do to the table. I would create another table with the same fields and paste the data over fromthe one you can't export.

Other than that, I'n not sure :(
Sorry, that's a strange one,
Corticus

Upvote 0
I'm not liking the headers in your second table. What happens if you change all the headers (save to a different name first, please) to Field1, Field2, etc.?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roccanet

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back