Problem with HTML Maker and Excel 2007

kojak43

I am using Excel 2007. I read Von Pookie's note and followed these instructions
"Click the Office Button and go to Excel Options->Trust Center->Trust Center Settings->Macro Settings->Developer Macro Settings. Then you can Check the "Trust access to the VBA project object model" box and click OK."

I can select the add-in. But when I try to select the cells in the Pivot table I want to place in the Message Board, it makes the HTML, but it ignores the cells I want. It selects ALL the cells. That makes the HTML too large to paste in Mr Excel.

I tried the HTML on the Data set. That will allow me to select the range. However when I do that, I get an Error:1004. (I reported that to Colo, as requested on the message box)

The HTML portion of the ribbon has a Help selection. Nothing opens when I click on it.

When I get the Error:1004, I have to exit Excel. Just trying to close the Error Box only generates a duplicate error message.

When That happens, and I reopen Excel. I have to go to Office Button>Excel Options>Add-Ins then select HTML maker then GO. that will place the add-in on the ribbon. I am sure I am doing something wrong that I have to select each add-in each time I want to use it.

Bunch of questions and problems here.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
k

I just added the html maker to Excel 2007 and can't find it in my excel program! I added it through the Excel options but I can't find it on the ribbon. Could someone please help.

I just added the html maker to Excel 2007 and can't find it in my excel program! I added it through the Excel options but I can't find it on the ribbon. Could someone please help.
Just There are a couple of HTML Makers so are you talking about HtmlMaker20101230 found here or Excel jeanie or something else?

"I added it through Excel options" Can you describe excatly what you did?

Do you have an Add-Ins tab showing on your ribbon?

I downloaded the file from this link:

http://www.mrexcel.com/vbaddin.shtml

To add the add-in I went to Excel Options -> Add-Ins -> Manage Excel Add-ins ->Check marked "VBE HTML Maker"

If I go in to the VBA program and look under Add-Ins nothing shows up in "Manage Add-ins". My VBA program is not in the Ribbon format but Excel is.

Peter - I downloaded the file that you placed in your post and it seemed to work. I am confused though on how it works. If I wanted to post part of a code that I had written in VBA, how would you do that?

Peter - I downloaded the file that you placed in your post and it seemed to work. I am confused though on how it works. If I wanted to post part of a code that I had written in VBA, how would you do that?
The link I posted was to two different HTML Makers. The first for showing worksheet screen shots, formulas etc, The seconde for showing vba code.

It seems you are talking about the VBHTML Maker for posting vba code, not the 'normal' HTML Maker for posting screen shots, worksheet formulas etc.

It also sounds like you have got it working to some extent but just to recap.

To post a whole procedure, place your cursor anywhere in the procedure code and either ..
- right click and choose 'Convert current procedure as HTML', or
- use the menus .. Tools| 'Convert current procedure as HTML'

To post just part of your code, select what you want to post and use right click or menu to choose 'Convert selected code as HTML'.

Hope that answers your query.

Why is my code getting formatted in this way shown below?

Code:
<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Process()<br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> r <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> found <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> lastrow <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> Table1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>****<br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> Table1 = Range("R4:X70")<br>****lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row<br>****<br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> r = 1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> lastrow<br>********<SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> Cells(r, "B") = "" <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>************<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> found = Table1.Find(Cells(r, "A"), , xlValues, xlWhole)<br>************<SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Not</SPAN> found <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Is</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Nothing</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>****************Cells(r, "B") = found.Offset(, 1)<br>****************Cells(r, "C") = found.Offset(, 2)<br>****************Cells(r, "D") = found.Offset(, 3)<br>****************Cells(r, "E") = found.Offset(, 4)<br>****************Cells(r, "F") = found.Offset(, 5)<br>************<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>********<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> r<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

I don't know if this is it, but does it have something to do with turning on HTML code. I see it is off for me at the bottom left table showing the posting rules. If so, how do I turn it on?

I don't know if this is it, but does it have something to do with turning on HTML code. I see it is off for me at the bottom left table showing the posting rules. If so, how do I turn it on?
You cannot turn it on/off. It is Off for all of us in this forum but it is On in most other forums. Best place to test is the the Test Here forum.

Why is my code getting formatted in this way shown below?

Code:
<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Process()<br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> r <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> found <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> lastrow <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> Table1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>****<br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> Table1 = Range("R4:X70")<br>****lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row<br>****<br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> r = 1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> lastrow<br>********<SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> Cells(r, "B") = "" <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>************<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> found = Table1.Find(Cells(r, "A"), , xlValues, xlWhole)<br>************<SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Not</SPAN> found <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Is</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Nothing</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>****************Cells(r, "B") = found.Offset(, 1)<br>****************Cells(r, "C") = found.Offset(, 2)<br>****************Cells(r, "D") = found.Offset(, 3)<br>****************Cells(r, "E") = found.Offset(, 4)<br>****************Cells(r, "F") = found.Offset(, 5)<br>************<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>********<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> r<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>
That is just how the HTML looks when you first paste it in your post. Once you 'Submit' your post, the code is resolves and the vba code is displayed.

Have a go in the Test Here forum, that is exactly what it is there for. :)

Ok, I believe I got it to work! The only thing I do not like is that where ever I have indentations in my code there are asterisks. Is this normal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back