Printscreen section of Excel spreadsheet

stirlsa

Board Regular
How do you print screen a section of an Excel spreadsheet to illustrate a problem that you want help with?

Hello,

Try to select the area/section that illustrates your problem in excel, press CTRL+C, then open MS Paint, go to Edit menu then click Paste.

Or you can Print Screen the whole Excel window, go to MS Paint, paste it there, select the area you want, go to File menu click New, click Ok, go to Edit then Paste.

Hi,

With the new Boardsoftware you can copy-paste straight from Excel to your message. If you want to display data and formulas, you can still use tools like
HTMLmaker (don't see where the link has gaon, previously it was on each webpage here)
Table-It can generate a table and/or formulalist: see my signature

kind regards,
Erik

EDIT: Corine, nice Avatar!

Thanks - I had heard about the new software, but when I control C and then paste into the thread, I just get this text that does not line up correctly:

Work Contract Employment Status Contract Type
InTrng/Trl Srv Active Non-Permanent
InTrng/Trl Srv Active Permanent
Probation Active Non-Permanent

I copied into PAINT and then tried to copy and paste from PAINT into my edit of my thread, but nothing happened.

works quite good for me using IE 6
Work

ContractEmployment StatusContract TypeInTrng/TrlSrvActiveNon-PermanentInTrng/TrlSrvActivePermanentProbation

ActiveNon-Permanent

Are you using another browser? Then try with IE if possible.
Go to the Test forum and have a play with all this. You will find a thread I "bumped up" today.

EDIT:
DOESN'T work anymore for me neighter :(

IE6 like me...

not sure why it doesn't work in this thread for me, but it does in TEST forum
I just tried again: check it out there...

Check out PrintKey 2000 for screen caps (allows you to crop, edit, etc...) and ImageShack to host the screen cap. After hosting the pic at imageshack, copy the urls given for messageboards and paste into your message here at MrExcel.

This opinion is shared by some other MVP's, but anyway it's kinda "common sense". It will probably contain some repeats from previous posts.

:(
  • avoid "pictures" of what should be "data": to perform a test, the potential helpers would need to read+type (with inevitable typos) instead of copy+paste
  • avoid links: 1. they will die soon (frequently) or late 2. they require to "go somewhere else" for more information I'm not talking about references to other threads providing background information.
:)
  • Copy range + Paste within your message "should" work, since the New Board has been installed.
  • If the above doesn't work for you, there are tools, which can be used from "within" Excel. A few buttonclicks and you're ready to paste. I am really very happy with Table-it, because it's easy to generate tables and formulalists and simple to get back your stuff to the sheet within the original range! If you want to display formatted data (like colored cells, borders, more fonts), you can use Colo's HTMLmaker or similar tools. (disadvantage: larger bandwidth)
:eek:

To be clear:
  • When I see a thread with a picture instead of data, I'm moving on... (Like threads with unformatted code)
  • Same for posts with "check out this file", unless it looks really necessary to test some complicated behaviour. Even then, I would wait to post a link, until someone asks for it. Anyway, an explanation of the problem within the thread is always required.
Hoping to contribute to good communication with this post.

best regards,
Erik

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PierreF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back