Please help me!!!

Psychobyrne

Hi everyone,

i am a new member on the forum and the reason why I have joined specifically is because Microsoft Access is driving me crazy!

I have been trying to write a formula for a query and it just doesn't seem to work. If any of you have any ideas then I would greatly appreciate your help.

Basically what I am trying to do is create a field that will detect where one of seven tick boxes has been ticked, and then apply a number so that I can have a field that just shows the number that applies to that record rather than seven fields of true and falses.

What I have done is this:

Area Analysis: IIf([Product Mention]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=1), IIf([Product Mention with Explanation]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=2), IIf([Product Mention with Photograph]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=3), IIf([Product Mention with Quote]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=4), IIf([Product Mention, Photograph and Explanation]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=5), IIf([Product Mention, Explanation and Quote]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=6), IIf([Product Mention, Photograph, Explanation and Quote]=Yes, [Area Analysis]=7)

And it doesn't work. If any of you can see where I am going wrong or offer any help then I would be eternally gratefull.

Cheers

Nic

Setting up radio buttons

Hi HomerJ, sorry to butt in on this thread.

Radio buttons are also known as Option Buttons on your forms toolbar. It looks like a black dot in a circle. The reason they are called radio buttons is like the preset buttons on your car radio, you can only select one option. If you choose a different button, the previous one is deselected. They are very useful when your end users are intended to select a single option from multiple choices.

Hope I described that well enough. If not, just let me know.

This is exactly what we need to do, but we are having trouble setting them up. I have got the radio buttons on the form, and have grouped them using group on the format menu - this seemed to be the only place to set up a group. However, I can select all of them at once if I want to!

All help gratefully received as I am on a VERY steep learning curve!
Thanks. :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Good morning Auriga.

You're on the right track, but there are two parts to creating an option group. The first part is placing the option group tool on your form. The option group tool is the the item that looks like a rectangle with "xyz" at the top of it in your form toolbox. After you have placed that, you can then select the option button (or radio button), and place them within the option group box on your form. that is what establishes those as an option group. Grouping items through the format menu only makes it easier to move and format them as a group.

Hope that helps. If you run into further trouble, post back.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragananthony7911

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back