pet peeves

As for what really chaps my @ss?. . .
Pinheads who don't hit their turn signals until they're already turning the wheel.
Honestly, I don't need a signal to tell me you're turning: I can see that you're turning.
What I want is a signal telling me you're GONNA turn! :roll:
~HalfAce
:evil: Oh!!! That's gotta be one of my top 5 too! :evil: It really frosts my .... when they're coming from the left and you want to turn left and there's traffic coming from the right but there's enough time to get out there if you could go *now*. But noooooo, Mr. Dipstick-on-the-left has you pinned there and then - like you said, signals his turn 10 feet from the corner - and now it's too late 'cause the car coming from the right has closed the gap and you get to sit for another couple of minutes! [Brits please mentally reverse all the left and right stuff.] Oh, makes my blood boil just thinking about it!
Count me in too! After all, how hard is to flick the bl**dy lever a few seconds earlier? Maybe their instruction manual has that lever labelled "I have turned a corner" of "I have just changed lanes" :evil:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
(Good point about the vegetarians' consideration for the rest of us too.)

A guy on Sydney radio had a rant about this a while back. His comment was,
"I've said it before... salad is what food eats!"

Denis

Another line I liked from the same guy:

Hand out sausages to everyone at the barbeque and, if they protest, say
"Don't worry, it only contains vegetarians!"

Denis

Excel wise, limit on nested IFs. Automatically putting a space in my defined names, then returning an error value...

Can't think of a reason you would need, really, more than 3 or 4. If you need more than that then there most likely a much better way to do it...and usually, but not always, what you really need is a VLOOKUP. ;)

Well you would be right, but some of the raw data I receive from our accounts department is so ridiculously inconsistent I need to test about 20 fields to get a single answer... :roll: But that is why they pay me, I suppose. If accounts weren't so unhelpful I would be out on my ear! :-?

Excel wise, limit on nested IFs. Automatically putting a space in my defined names, then returning an error value...

Can't think of a reason you would need, really, more than 3 or 4. If you need more than that then there most likely a much better way to do it...and usually, but not always, what you really need is a VLOOKUP. ;)

Well you would be right, but some of the raw data I receive from our accounts department is so ridiculously inconsistent I need to test about 20 fields to get a single answer... :roll: But that is why they pay me, I suppose. If accounts weren't so unhelpful I would be out on my ear! :-?

I hope you're not having a dig at accounts departments here............ :lol:

I hope you're not having a dig at accounts departments here............

I thought it was generally open season on accounts departments :evil:

My pet peeve's nested quotes :lol:

I hope you're not having a dig at accounts departments here............

I thought it was generally open season on accounts departments :evil:

I'll have to remove my high vis jacket and start watching my back then. :o

Why is it that the hunted always seem to be unaware that they're the hunted until it's too late :huh:

My pet peeve's nested quotes :lol:

Muahahaha! :rofl:

I wasn't having a dig at accounts departments, no, just the one in my company! Promise! :-P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleH77

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back