Paying money for answers

"Pay it forward" is what it's all about here. :)

I usually tell them to either make a donation to their favorite charity...

FYI - Nate Oliver's family will be letting us know which charity they would like donations for in his honor, so I'll let everyone know as soon as they do.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
...or simply "pay it forward" by helping someone else.

Well, as Nate so amply demonstrated, that's not really "paying" now is it? 'cuz in the process of helping the other people, one usually develops expertice in oneself as well. :wink:

Well, as Nate so amply demonstrated, that's not really "paying" now is it? 'cuz in the process of helping the other people, one usually develops expertice in oneself as well.
...and creates a snowball effect.

As Eddie from National Lampoon's "Christmas Vacation" would say, "that's a gift the keeps on givin'!"

My day is ruined.
I just read about NateO. Had brief contact with him because I joined the forum recently, but could quickly form a high opinion on him.
RIP.

Smitty any idea on that charity? Would like to make a christmas donation for all you guys helping me recently, obviously as I learn I can post but for now that's the best I can do. Would rather give to a different charity from the mainstream so hopefully they'll choose something different!

Here you go:

Nate's Brother-In-Law, Adam, just gave me the information for anyone who wants to contribute something in Nate's name:

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Paul and Lynda have picked a charity for people to donate to in Nate's honor. We would like people to donate to the Courage Center. Here is a link:
http://www.couragecenter.org/

They help people with disabilities and rehabilitation. Its a local MN charity, one of Nicole and Nathan's friend's dad worked there for many years. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xel003

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back