Parameters

hholland

I have a report that I am trying to edit however the date parameter will not stop popping up, so that I can edit the report. The report is linked to a crosstab query and the crosstab query is linked to a query with the date parameter. I have put the date parameter in the critiera in the query and in the menu under query/parameters. I have also put the date parameter in under the query/parameters in the crosstab query. The query and the crosstab query both run fine. I have also tried to re-create the report but I get an error message about "The microsoft jet database engine could not find the object ~sq_r(then the name of my report)". Can you please help me figure out how to fix this?

What happens when you try to run the Crosstab Query? Copy/Paste the parameter question it is asking.

What happens when you try to run Query 3? Copy/Paste the parameter question it is asking.

What happens... you get the idea. Trace back your queries, making sure that they work. If the Crosstab fails, try Q3. If that fails, try Q2. Whichever one works, the DEPENDENT query has the problem. Meaning; if Q2 works, but Q3 doesn't the problem is in Q3.

If you can get the Crosstab query working, then your report needs to reference the parameter for the Crosstab query. So, in the report would be a textbox with a Control Source of
Code:
="Report Period From "  & [AS OF DATE]
The above assumes that the parameters listed above work as expected.

HTH (y)
P

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
All the queries including the crosstab query work and have the same parameter pop up (AS OF DATE), which is correct. In my report I have a text box with =[AS OF DATE] in the control source. The AS OF DATE is my parameter. However I still cannot edit the existing report or create a new report.

Upvote 0
At this point, the only 2 things I can suggest are: 1) Create a blank database, and import ALL objects into it. 2) Backup the db, and have Access CLEANLY reinstalled.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas at the moment. What Denis and I have suggested should have worked. Apologies. :(

P

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bosvinn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back