Output and Formating - combining multipule outputs into one

Limbofrog

Ok - I have three queries that sort one set of data different ways.

Query1 - sorts by date for "this week" only
Query2 - sorts by date for "next week" and greater
Query3 - sorts by all other data without a date in order of client number.

I have a main form to edit this data that shows all three queries as subforms in a datasheet format. If it helps this is job data and my company has a job meeting every week on monday. Our joblist is orginized as the quries show above. That way we can see whats due this week, next week, and then after that and in that order.

I coded an expresion on the main form to export all three queries as text files upon closing the main form. It works great. I have currently linked an excel file to these three files - one in each "worksheet".

Ok, so I now I have three seperate comma delimited text files that have the correct data and it's in the right order. I just need to combine them. I can use excel or access, I don't care which - But I want to combine them and format it to my pleasing(putting formating lines between each section and making the font sizes right for each section.

Do I need to combine them upon exporting to the text file? or is there a good way to do this in excel after the fact. I was thinking of making it an excel file so everyone in the office can open and view it.

Any ideas?

Re: Output and Formating - combining multipule outputs into

Something you might try is to concatenate two sets of values.
One that identifies which query section it came from and then one for the field you really want to sort on and then don't show that column in the results...just use it to sort.

That'd put them in the order you want most likely.

Mike

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Well, I did more research and found nothing to address my problem. So I may have to do it that way. Another work around =)

Thanks so much for your help - I have just about got it working well and should before the end of the day.

Upvote 0

Write a new seperate query for each, just a select query. Select all of the fields you want included and then set the order by statement in the order you want it.

That should do it

Upvote 0

Well, the point was to join three seperate queries of a single table back into one. The reason was because I wanted to pull out each query and Order it by a different variable or field. Query1 was in order by date and only showed this weeks jobs. Query2 was also in order by date but only showed next weeks jobs. And Query3 was all jobs that did not yet have dates and it was to be put in order by client#, and then job# respectivly.

I have succesfully created all three queries and now want to combine them back into a report in the order they are in the query or even better an exported text file(comma delimited) so I can import back into excel and the rest of the office can read it. No more paper, and less work in the long run.

So refering to your(jmersing) statment if I understood you right, I already have them in seperate queries. Or were you talking about doing something different?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back