Nuclear physics anyone?

Stop it chuck,

you will have me walking arund in a lead lined suit!.

I am sure people are trying to stop terrorists obtaining any kind of nuclear material, one thing I am sure of is that if they do they wll not wait until they have 19. 1 will do, the dilema will be do they hit NewYork, Washington, Israel or London.

The power stations are going nowhere though and with real expectations of oil running out in the next 20 years even anti power station people will convert once the lights go off and more will be built, Ive not read into this power source but are they just big steam generators?

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
yeh, the nuclear fuel generates heat which in turn is used to produce steam. same principle as coal or gas but different fuel source. each one has the same basic flaw, and that is they all produce byproducts which are undesirable, so we are forced to elect which we believe is the lesser of 2 evils, CO2 or radioactive waste. or we can all work smarter on sustainable 'green' power sources and make more efficient use of what we have.

For some, it may require finding their courage to even be able to think things through.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Iraq was developing nuclear weapons and Israel stopped them by bombing the Iraq nuclear facility in 1981 (see Link 1).
<o:p></o:p>
The Iraq nuclear weapons program had to be stopped again more than 10 years later, during the Bush administration by the USA and other countries during the Gulf War (see Link 2).
Libya was developing nuclear weapons and was stopped during the Bush administration. Libya turned over their Nuclear Weapons developments around the same time the war in Iraq began (see Link 3).
Iran currently “is” developing nuclear weapons and no one is stopping them.
“When” Iran has nuclear weapons the suicide bombing terrorists will have nuclear weapons. “When” they detonate the first one in a major city, then “everyone” will want to stop them.
It then will become “everyone’s” most important concern. More important than the economy. More important than the environment. Even more important than the latest Hollywood movie. Almost everyone at that time will try to find their courage. But it will be too late.
“Now” is the time to find the courage. Not then. Because “then” it will be too late.
Link 1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osirak_Nuclear_Reactor
Link 2: http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/iraq/nuke/program.htm
Link 3: http://articles.cnn.com/2003-12-19/world/libya.nuclear_1_british-inspectors-nuclear-program-libya?_s=PM:WORLD

chuck,

I sort of agree with you but i still stick with the point that as long as the lights are on people wll lean towards "a blind eye" as far as this power source is concerned.

Had we put as much money into alternative power which will be needed to save lives as we had to save banks we could probably solve the issue.

Another earthquake, and the disaster level is raised to 'Critical'. yet there is precious little about what is happening. i know it could cause panic, but surely every deserves to be informed.

chuck,
Had we put as much money into alternative power which will be needed to save lives as we had to save banks we could probably solve the issue.

While I'd like to think we could solve all our problems with alternative energy sources I realise that is pretty much a pipe dream .... I found this link a little while ago and it makes interesting reading - its a pity the politicians can't / won't think as clearly about the subject

http://www.withouthotair.com/

Thats a good read WaterGypsy,

I get that my statement about the problem being solved was maybe a little rash but not entirely without cause as in, the level of the ability to relsolve anything is often driven by the motivation to resolve it in the first place. Economics drive everything at the moment but i envisage a change,

I have often used the comment..

"what?, you mean I can have better summers in the future and all I have to do is sacrifice Norfolk".

When Nations put their minds to do something it generally gets done, take the space race for example.

I'm rambling now..... I refer the honorable gentleman to my earlier answer,

People will not care what the power source is as long as the lights stay on.

Thats a good read WaterGypsy,
"what?, you mean I can have better summers in the future and all I have to do is sacrifice Norfolk".

ROFLMAO ..... sorry Norfolk I do like you really :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
that looks like an interesting read. i'll have a better look when i have a few spare hours.

Green Power’s Latest Advocate
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
He still works for the same boss he has always worked for.
Why would he and his boss be so excited about getting everyone involved in Green Power?
The big diversion…?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/19/charles-manson-reportedly-breaks-20-year-silence-talk-global-warming/
Charles Manson Reportedly Breaks 20-Year Silence to Talk About Global Warming<o:p></o:p>
Published April 19, 2011<o:p></o:p>
FoxNews.com<o:p></o:p>
Charles Manson broke a 20-year silence on the 40th anniversary of his conviction in the murders of eight people, including actress Sharon Tate, to speak out about the so-called perils of global warming, the U.K. Daily Mail reports. <o:p></o:p>
The 76-year-old cult leader, who in 1969 led his followers to murder eight people, spoke about the "bad things" being done to the environment in an interview Monday with Vanity Fair Spain magazine. <o:p></o:p>
"Everyone's God and if we don’t wake up to that there’s going to be no weather because our polar caps are melting because we’re doing bad things to the atmosphere," Manson reportedly said in a rambling jail cell interview from California’s Corcoran State Prison. <o:p></o:p>
"If we don’t change that as rapidly as I’m speaking to you now, if we don’t put the green back on the planet and put the trees back that we’ve butchered, if we don’t go to war against the problem..." he reportedly said. <o:p></o:p>
Manson also described himself in the interview as a "mean guy" and an "outlaw," according to the Daily Mail.<o:p></o:p>
"I'm everything bad," he reportedly said.<o:p></o:p>
Manson led the group known as the Manson Family, which in 1969 murdered eight people, including film director Roman Polanski's pregnant wife Sharon Tate. He is serving a life sentence for his role as the convicted ringleader in the gruesome murders.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p>Click for more on the Charles Manson interview from the U.K. Daily Mail
</o:p>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Auroraaa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back