Notification of non existent Replies???

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an easy way to check to see if the message was from a Spammer. The email notification tells you who the response was from.
If you click on any user name and view their profile, the URL looks something like this:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/members/joe4.html

If you replace the username at the end of that URL with the username of the person you got the response from, you will bring up that person's profile.
If you see their title as "Spammer", and no responses, you'll know that it was a Spammer who had all their responses deleted by the Moderators.

Thanks joe4,

Good bit of info. Just had a look for fun. Yeah, both are “Spammers” (means rubbish senders don’t it???- Sorry I’m bit late getting (back) in computing!)
(Looks like Moderators “VoG” and “Peter_SSs” were “there” and maybe checked it out)

Alan Elston

Yeah, both are “Spammers” (means rubbish senders don’t it???
Yes, unfortunately a by-product of being an internet forum with lots of traffic means that he also attract a lot of Spammers who post lots of links advertising various garbage. We delete the posts and ban them as soon as we see them.

If you come across any posts like that, just click on the Report button, and the Moderators will take care of it.

Thanks!

Yeah just got a nuver..( Cafroline). Spammer’s are busy Today!!

I’ll mostly ignore them from now or occasionally as you said ave a quick look at their profile
P.s. Is it normal that someone gets so many, or am I unlucky.... (beginners NOT luck)!!

What is normal? I can't really say. Some days we get a lot, and other days, not so many. They usually pick the latest posts. So if you have posted in Forums other than the Excel one, you will have a higher likelihood of getting some, since those Forums don't move as fast.

The ones today hit a lot of posts in just a few minutes.

They are rather annoying. I can't imagine that they get much business from this behavior.

Since this thread seems to attract a lot of spam now, amusingly, I'm going to lock it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back