Not receiving emails when my posts receive replies

JoeMo

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I have noticed in the past few days that when someone replies to a post of mine or to a thread I have subscribed to that I am not receiving an email to notify me of the reply.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Does anyone have a fix?

No, I have been getting them just fine.

Are you sure that they are not ending up in your junk folder or being blocked? I often hear about MrExcel emails getting blocked from email Spam filters.

No, I have been getting them just fine.

Are you sure that they are not ending up in your junk folder or being blocked? I often hear about MrExcel emails getting blocked from email Spam filters.
Thanks for your reply Joe.
Yes, I monitor both a spam folder and a junk folder daily and have not seen any emails from Mr. Excel in either folder. I haven't made any changes to my email application or my Mr. Excel profile other than re-entering my email address again earlier today. I've had several replies to posts in the last few days with no email notification. The only way I can check on replies is to use the User CP link and that is definitely not as convenient as receiving an email.

I have noticed in the past few days that when someone replies to a post of mine or to a thread I have subscribed to that I am not receiving an email to notify me of the reply.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Does anyone have a fix?

I've had the exact same problem since Thursday or Friday. I reported it to NateO and he said he would look into it.

I too have checked everything I can think of with my email accounts. (What you stated in #3). My email seems to be working as expected.

One other thing I've notice that stopped working about the same time as not receiving email notifications is that I cannot set a hyperlink within the forum editor. Clicking on the Insert Link icon\ paste link in dialog\ click OK, does nothing. I have no idea if these two seemingly unrelated things are somehow related. I only bring it up because both seem to have broken at about the same time.

It seems to me, as Joe has said, that it must be something at your end since all the board features continue to work fine for me.

In the meantime, don't forget Quick Links|Subscribed Threads rather than going through User CP

JoeMo - emails to you are bouncing back. Your isp is refusing the emails.

Alpha - Nate is limited in what he can do about emails.

JoeMo - emails to you are bouncing back. Your isp is refusing the emails.
Thank you all for your replies.
Starl
I need to send a note to my ISP to request they correct this. Can you please give me the domain name that emails from Mr Excel are sent from. Unfortunately, I don't have any old emails from Mr Excel to glean this info from.
Thank you,
Joe

mrexcel.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back