New Board: View Unanswered Posts

Suat has implemented an "Unanswered Threads" option. It's under the Quick Links and returns the posts with 0 posts from the last 30 days.

It is not we are not implementing cool features because we can't or we don't want to. We want to install nice features. I am the first person who created really nice features for the MrExcel forum pages back at 2002, like seeing your posts in red color - yes, it was originally my idea, like seeing posters in a thread without opening the thread. Believe me I like playing with PHP and MySQL more than anyone.

However, on the other side, the thing is the server and the load on it that we have to be careful to keep website stable. Having a stable forum is surely more important then having a shortcut that "everyone" can access - even 1 day member - and make hundreds of none-cached search that will cause database to get really busy on each click to that shortcut. This kind of technical reasons keep us away from "mods".

Right, we implemented Unanswered Threads link in Quick Links as Tracy mentioned and we will monitor the forum and we might remove it if we think that it affects forum stability.

The Unanswered Threads quick link seems to work great for the first page and half or so...but, by the middle of page 2, the returned results seem to have replies.

Has anyone else seen this as well?

Yes I get that... also get repeated threads as you iterate pages (ie some of page 1 appears on page 2 etc...)

The Unanswered Threads quick link seems to work great for the first page and half or so...but, by the middle of page 2, the returned results seem to have replies.

Has anyone else seen this as well?

Yes--all the 'unanswered threads' does is sort by number of replies. You get the 0 replies first, then 1, 2, etc.

Yes I get that... also get repeated threads as you iterate pages (ie some of page 1 appears on page 2 etc...)

Now that I have seen, but have no idea why it happens. :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back