Nested IF Statement

stephenw1978

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I have a data set in excel that includes duplicate entries. In this example it is fruit names.
What I am looking for is a formula that highlights/calls out those results that do not have any duplicate entries. There is always going to be 3 individual entries. I was hoping an if statement would work that would result in either a "Good" result if the entries are different and a "Not Good" for those entries that include a duplicate fruit name.

I have included an image to my data set below and have highlighted those rows/results that should be given a "Good" due to them only having one value of each fruit. Is this possible using an IF/IF(OR statement? I was using the following, but it didn't seem to provide accurate results: =IF(OR(A2=B2,A2=C2,B2=C2),"Not Good","Good")

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 1.08.57 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 1.08.57 PM.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 20

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
What version of Excel are you using?
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)
Thank you, just updated my details. I am currently running on a Mac using Microsoft 365. The version of Excel I have is 16.87.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that.
How about
Excel Formula:
=IF(MAX(COUNTIFS(A2:C2,A2:C2))=1,"Good","Not good")

Upvote 0
Solution
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back