Needing help on a "fun" fake Pivot table forcasting formula

silverback24

Board Regular
I made a pseudo pivot table with dynamic date ranges, salesmen, and account fields. This works great for them. Now, they want me to add their forecasting data to this. The problem is their forecasting data is set up in a table with units and revenue given per month. I need a formula that works similar to my nested if(sumifs) formulas in that if no salesman or account info it totals all for the time period entered. Then, if a salesman, account, or both is entered, would sum the forecasted units and revenue for the date range that fits the extra criteria. These are also broken down into 18 categories.
Snip of layout:

-- removed inline image ---

Formula for part that works:=IFERROR(IF(AND(ISBLANK($F$6),ISBLANK($F$5)),SUMIFS(Data!$H:$H,Data!$C:$C,">="&Dashboard!$F$3,Data!$C:$C,"<="&Dashboard!$F$4,Data!$D:$D,Dashboard!$E9),IF(ISBLANK(Dashboard!$F$5),SUMIFS(Data!$H:$H,Data!$C:$C,">="&Dashboard!$F$3,Data!$C:$C,"<="&Dashboard!$F$4,Data!$G:$G,Dashboard!$F$6,Data!$D:$D,Dashboard!$E9),IF(ISBLANK(Dashboard!$F$6),SUMIFS(Data!$H:$H,Data!$C:$C,">="&Dashboard!$F$3,Data!$C:$C,"<="&Dashboard!$F$4,Data!$A:$A,Dashboard!$F$5,Data!$D:$D,Dashboard!$E9),SUMIFS(Data!$H:$H,Data!$C:$C,">="&Dashboard!$F$3,Data!$C:$C,"<="&Dashboard!$F$4,Data!$A:$A,Dashboard!$F$5,Data!$G:$G,Dashboard!$F$6,Data!$D:$D,Dashboard!$E9)))),"Check Date Range")

Sample data for forecast:
Picture didn't work, turned to a wall of text.
Layout
A B C D E F-Q
Account Name Cat Salesman empty Months as 1/1/2014, 2/1/2014,...

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
An alternative to this, is there a macro to convert each forecast table row into 12 single entries, one for each month? IE. A/N, Cust, CAT, Salesman, 1/1/2014, units.

Each of the 2 tables has over 2000 entries which makes the manual change or record macro a bit tedious. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Nevermind, I ended up recording a macro and duping it several times. So now ill be able to use my original formulas. Any pointers for a formula that sums rows depending on column date range and up to 3 row criteria would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back